“Marina View, Sun, Wine and Live Music”

Andres Wine and Tapas Bar
Ranked #307 of 436 Restaurants in Ventura
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The owners make a great effort in providing the customers with a good meal though the choices are slim. But I do not go to the restaurant for the meal. You can not beat the location as it sits overlooking the marina. I glass of fine wine sitting under the umbrella on a hot day listening to some inspiring music, that's the way to spend a peaceful weekend day. It's best to beat the crowd and if you can avoid a holiday stampede do so you will be better off for it.

A TripAdvisor Member
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

So, I'm not really sure where to start on this. We arrived and we're told we could sit in the other dining room, the Coba's dining room- same owners, two concepts, same kitchen two menus...we went in and waited to be sat. A large party was just leaving. So they reset the table, but left it attached to a long grouping of tables and had us sit down.

It took 9 minutes from that point, for the waitress to come and acknowledge us. We ordered two apps, sodas and water. The apps came out quicker than the sodas, but my major issue is that they charged 5.00 for three tostones. If you've made tostones, you know a plantain is about 1 dollar ish, and ypu get about 12 tostones from it. A typical order of tostones is about 6 to 8.

Then we ordered our food. I ordered a chicken in a mojo sauce, with white rice because they were out.of saffron rice...okay. and then Cuban black beans. We ordered three grilled cheeses, which were very good. My main issue with the grilled cheeses is that they didn't have a kids menu or child's grilled cheese, so my 2 yo had to get a 10 dollar grilled cheese that she had about 6 bites from...but okay, fine. Don't cater to the kids...

My husbands grilled cheese came out with French fries that were old, and way over salted, I love salt, these were inedible. We asked for new without salt. My food came out with out beans with a substition. I asked for the beans so I could share with my daughter, and was told they were also out of beans. In a Cuban restaurant. ...okay. so I dig into my chicken and realize there is no sauce on it. None. I paid 17.00 for plain chicken and white rice. In a Cuban restaurant.

Now, I'm annoyed, so I order a bloody mary, because it is there specialty. Perfect can't wait, at least, that'll be awesome. It was so spicy, it was undrinkable. That was the bacon bits on top of this suck salad. 95.00 later, I'm still hungry, annoyed with the family night that was just crappy because of the inordinate wait times, low level service, crappy food and bad ambiance.

Did I mention that they left the other tables dirty the entire time we were there?

Reviewed 12 June 2015

The restaurant is now called 805 bar and grilled cheese. It was great for a light lunch. The service was awesome as was the food...you should try it.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

We visited during happy hour on a Friday. They had some decent wine choices for $5 and some good appetizers for only $3. Try the tomato soup and mac and cheese. Could have been served a little hotter but the flavor was excellent!

Name change, it's now called 805 Bar & Grilled Cheese.

Oh and the harbor views are superb! Get a table outside early....

1  Thank rehtiag
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Had the opportunity to use a Living Social Coupon to visit this restaurant. Andres is now I believe called the 805 Bar & Grilled Cheese. Maura who served us was most pleasant and interesting. You can see she really enjoys her job. She said we would be very pleased with our cheese plate and we were. It was just the right amount of cheese/meat, and the bread was delicious. Great way to spend a pleasant afternoon having wine and cheese overlooking the Ventura Harbor. Our next trip to Ventura will definitely include the 805 Bar & Grilled Cheese. Don't hesitate to visit this place, you will not be sorry.