US$192
  • Beachfront
US$184
US$174
  • Pool
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$92
US$89
Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$142
  • Breakfast included
Amanzi Hotel(Ventura)
US$107
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$120
US$85
US$80
All reviewsventura harborgreat view of the marinacinnamon rollsbreakfast roomchannel islandsbalcony facingfloor roomyogurtisland packersfour points by sheratonquiet locationlarge roomgreat roomrestaurants and shopsminute drivehot breakfastcoffee maker
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Check-in was great with friendly staff. The room was quite big with 2 beds and even a balcony overlooking the marina! Beds were comfortable, bathroom facilities all worked well and the sink was outside the bathroom which I prefer for multiple people in one room. They had a great, tasty complimentary Continental breakfast with lots of options. The WiFi here was the biggest issue. It was weak and very slow, sometimes unusable. They said they are replacing their whole system very soon though. The air conditioning was very loud here although it worked fine. A number of the plugs didn't work either, specifically some by the bed which was very annoying for charging devices overnight. The location was pretty quiet and in an extremely nice area on the water by a huge marina. There's not really anything to eat or do right close by but it was a beautiful 20-25 minutes or so walk (5 minutes drive or less) to a couple options. I'd definitely recommend Social Tap. Overall, it was a nice stay and I'd definitely return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim G
James B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Tim G,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online and for the 4 stars. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Location of this hotel is on the harbor. It's convenient to the 101 Fwy, but quiet. The hotel is older, but well kept and very clean. Our room was spacious with a sliding patio door onto a small balcony with 2 chairs to sit and enjoy the view of the harbor. Also, didn't need to use a/c cause nice cool air came thru open sliding patio door ( get room on 2nd level for safety). Complimentary breakfast was very good - sufficient choices and, of course, HIE delicious cinnamon rolls! Hotels can be expensive in this area so this was a good choice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nellie M

Dear Nellie M,

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend trip. My check-in got off to a rocky start because the rate given to me at that time for one of the nights was a little higher than what was quoted on Booking.com, where I made my reservation. Not a big difference but it still felt like a "bate and switch" and this is the only reason why I'm not giving this place five stars.

Everything else about this property I liked. It's right on the Marina and only about a mile from the beach and Ventura pier. The marina has numerous shops and restaurants just a very short drive from the hotel. You can also book a trip for one of the Channel Islands if you wish.

The room itself was of ideal size for a solo traveler or couple with a balcony facing the marina. There are two chairs and a small table out on the balcony in case you want to spend some time watching the boats or the people passing by.

The bed was super comfortable, so getting a good night's rest wasn't an issue. The bathroom featured a shower tub combo, but the bathtub was pretty small, so it was really more of a glorified shower stall, which you should know in case you're someone who prefers taking baths. Water pressure was fine.

I want to put in a good word for the housekeeping staff. Everything was spotlessly clean and very well-maintained, among the best of any place I've stayed.

There is a breakfast room on the first floor. You need your room card key to access it, so it keeps the riff-raff out :) It has the usual assortment of cereals, breads, muffins, and fruits. I think they had some hot breakfast items too but I didn't try any of them.

You should know that there is a $10 a day parking fee with in and out privileges that is charged to your room so you don't have to pay separately each time you enter or leave the property. This fee is pretty standard for any hotel on the marina or the beach

Overall, I had a great experience and would definitely stay here again, though next time I might book directly through the Holiday Inn website to avoid any confusion about the rates.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank asl492

Dear asl492,

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

This is the first time trip advisor reviews let me down. The only positive was that the front desk staff was friendly. The hotel was a DUMP. Maybe if my room was on the first floor I would have felt differently because the first floor actually looked nice, clean, and didn't smell bad. It was as though I was in a completely different hotel when on the first floor. Our room was on the second floor. The hallway was filthy and smelled like sewage. The room itself wasn't as bad but had a bad odor. I can not believe IHG would allow this hotel to be a Holiday Inn! This is the type of place I would expect for $50/night, not $180. Very, very disappointing.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank debbie1628

Dear debbie1628,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. With a 1 star we obviously let you down and for that I apologize. We strive daily to uphold IHG standards and I have addressed your area of concern with our team.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for one night and it was fine, but when I walked in the the lobby was crappy and then when I got to the second floor well have of the doors to the rooms are outside, there were all of these safety tips about locking your doors not giving away personal information on the phone and there was even a thing about putting your card in the lights to turn them on. Also to get to the pool you had to walk outside in a cross walk and it was freezing out so if your looking for a nice hotel don't go to this one

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LizTree16
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express Ventura Harbor.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 805-856-9533 or Amanda.baldino@brightonmgtllc.com.

Amanda Baldino