“Enjoyed the 5 nights there for a Channel Islands Visit”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Easily among the closest places to stay for going in/out of the harbor.
The beds were pretty comfortable, they seemed to be fairly newer, same with the sheets and pillows.
Staff was nice, and I'd agree with the prior comment about the eggs for breakfast, but, there is something for everyone @ breakfast, so that is not an issue.
The only issues I had, the fridge is too mini, for 5 days we like to shop and save $, and at the time we were there, there is a funky sewer smell on the harbor side, it's really bad at times, and whatever it is, it needs to be fixed. We stayed on the 2nd floor, NE corner of the harbor. Even some staff admitted to the smell.
If it's there when we go there again, I will ask for my $ back so we can go elsewhere.
Otherwise, great views, and I am glad we stayed there for our adventure in Ventura.

Room Tip: If the Price is Right, you can't beat an Ocean view w/ patio
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Russell A
James B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Russell A

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online and for the 4 stars. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were really disappointed with our stay at this Holiday Inn property. The only redeeming feature was our view onto the marina.

When we arrived there was maintenance work taking place in reception with wires dangling, the lift was old fashioned and the open concrete corridor walkways were most uninviting. The room was in serious need of an update and the carpet was not somewhere to walk in bare feet!!

We were glad that we were only staying for one night and would not return again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reads23

Dear Reads23,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. I offer my sincere apologies for letting you down. We strive daily to uphold the IHG standards and there are obviously a few areas of concern. I have addressed these with our staff to ensure they were isolated incidents.
We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I stayed 2 nights and was given a lovely suite facing the dock. The suite had a high ceiling and quiet air-conditioning unit. I thought the A/C was not running. You can conveniently walk to shops and eateries around the dock area, but I was there on a business trip, so I did not have time to walk there. I wish they open later at night. Only thing is there are not much restaurants in the area. I had to eat at the Four Seasons by Sheraton next door since I arrived after 8pm on my first day.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank soverdi

Dear soverdi,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online and for the 5 stars. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We were traveling down the coast and decided to stay here for a night. What a gem--the room was great with a beautiful view of the bay and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to walk to an area where there were restaurants and shops. It was a beautiful evening and we were able to sit outside for dinner and drinks and enjoy the water view and see the Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain come in to dock. We were able to get in another wonderful walk in the morning after a delicious breakfast. Loved Ventura and our accommodations!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Boilergirl53

Dear Boilergirl53,

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The front desk people were great and very accommodating. The room was nice and the harbor view from the room was wonderful. My average rating is based on the terrible hot breakfast. Fake scrambled eggs with the consistency of blown-in insulation, fake omelets looked nasty (couldn't get myself to even try one), and soggy sausage patties that may not have been sausage at all. I dumped my plate and ate yogurt and toast. An upgrade is badly needed!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Izzy99999

Dear Izzy99999,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online and for the 3 stars. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us but apologize that you didn't enjoy breakfast. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate team to ensure these were isolated issues. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.