Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
US$85
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$85
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
FindHotel
US$81
Expedia.comUS$85
Hotels.comUS$85
TravelocityUS$85
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2020

Ashley and Daniel are superb people. I was in need of some human kindness and received it today at the Johnson Dr, Ventura, CA Motel 6. I’m a regular at Motel 6 because I travel with two dogs and I know what to expect. So, my 5 star rating is based on my best experience at Motel 6 and 1 star is my worst experience at Motel 6. Motel 6 is an average place to lodge. If you require more, simply pay for an expensive room. What can make a big difference is staff. Ashley and Daniel are such staff people. They still don’t know this but I have a medical condition right now that makes me sensitive to sun and heat and we’re in a record heat wave. Furthermore, I slipped and fell on wet stairs at the beach and came down hard on my tailbone. I just needed AC and a bed. I showed early for the reservation and asked if I could enter the room early too. I’m not a demanding person so if they said it wasn’t possible I can accept that. Ashley and Daniel must’ve noticed I wasn’t feeling well because I didn’t mention it to them like I said above. Nevertheless, they switched me to a room that was available at no charge and even called me in the room to check if everything was ok. I’m appreciative of the little act of humanity they offered me today. Being able to share my experience with you makes me feel better too!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

Very average stay. Room adequate but our friends had a nightmare with poor soundproofing. They heard the traffic all night plus the neighbours having sex for ages and ordering a pizza at 3am. Plus side the manager Ramon handled their complaint well and they got a partial refund.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lynnie44
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Ventura South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Hi Lynnie,
Thank you for taking time to share your review with us. We're happy to hear the service was great and you were taken care of by our staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Safe Travels.
Lilith
#Team6

Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

Simple and basic room, no frills but very clean.
It's next to the freeway but quiet with only one way in or out.
Clean swimming pool and spa
Very polite staff that had our reservations ready for us.
Lowest prices in town.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Agunsmith,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Until the next time, We’ll Leave the Light on For You!

Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

Typical Motel 6. Its a little hard to get to. Its oddly shaped including the building so sometimes its hard to find your room. It is only good if you need to sleep, if you need something more then look for another hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Ventura South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you describe in finding our location. Please know the issue you experienced is an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. The service concerns you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2019 via mobile

I think that this is not as bad as all the reviews suggest. My room 134 was clean and looked recently renovated and everything works. Bed was good for the price. Walls are not as soundproof as masonry construction but muted TV sounds heard. When I asked the staff where to eat locally they said lots of restaurant other side of the intersection which was a 5 minute walk away. I found really good Thai food. Pool and hot tub were working. Good budget nights sleep. Only free coffee offered but it was from a latte machine and quite tasty. No fridge or microwave.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank wasklyw

Hi,

We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels.