“Fresh, tasty spider crab roll!”
Review of I Love Sushi

I Love Sushi
Ranked #52 of 471 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Dinner last night with friends and relatives was so pleasant, the food was good and the service nicely attentive. One person had the delicious sashimi salad dinner, another chose the chef's choice sushi and sashimi dinner, and 3 of us shared assorted sushi and sashimi. Everything tasted fresh and really good. Nice crunch to the spider roll. I tried the crunchy cooked whole shrimp heads whose Japanese name I have forgotten, and I had never had before. We had made a reservation and our table was ready when we arrived. The restaurant was quite busy the whole time we were there, but the service remained prompt and pleasant and we did not feel rushed. Very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Friday night and looking for happy hour and we picked the wrong place. The only thing on happy hour was cold saki. This was my first time here and I had mixed reviews, the sushi was good but nothing was great. I love sushi is set in a strip mall and has no real ambiance. We sat up at the bar and it took a lot to get the sushi chef to be social. Normally sitting at a sushi bar is a live experience ( and yes I tipped up front in the chef sushi jar). When I asked for a recommendation from the menu on the board they recommend the most exepnsive roll on the menu and no off menu options...bush league. The waitress was good but nothing really stood out. Probably won't be back. Sorry no pics.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The sushi was nothing outstanding, just average. Service was very good and the atmosphere nice.

My main concern was seeing escolar on the menu, a lot, both as sushi and in many of the rolls. This fish can cause severe gastric distress and is often used to impersonate red snapper or other fish. But here, it is listed on the menu as what it is, so the diner is at least forewarned.

Give it a shot, if you are feeling brave. Again, not great, but not awful.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

I Love Sushi is my favorite place to go and I love the golf pro hand roll, the albacore sushi, the 49er roll and everything else... Quality and freshness is spot on!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

I have been going to I Love Sushi for years now. It is always very clean, pleasant, and the food is good. It can be very busy at times. The staff handles the crowds very well. The only negative that I have is with the Udon noodle soups. I understand that the soup may take longer to make then the Sushi but they serve the sushi immediately and the soup comes 15 minutes later. If you are the only one that orders soups, your friends are usually done before your meal comes. The soup is very good though. It would be nice if they would get a soda fountain. They serve you soda in a can.