“Best sushi!”

Koba Sushi
Ranked #114 of 450 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

We have been coming here since the last millennia. We believe this is the best sushi house in the county. It only sits about 25 including the sushi bar.The sushi is extremely fresh, the sashimi is always excellent and the yellowtail collar is not to be missed! It's informal, comfortable, and just a great place!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

From the first time I went to Koba on a friend's recommendation to my most recent visit, this is by far my favorite sushi restaurant in a town that has several of them. The fish is the best quality, the miso soup excellent, and the prices reasonable. Everyone who works there is super friendly in this small establishment.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, the food was perfect. However the hostess told us to wait for a table outside the door even though it was a very cold night. We were a party of three and two of us happen to be handicapped. We were happy to comply with hostess' request to wait outside. The hostess told us it would be a 45 minute wait which was no problem. As we were going outside to wait I noticed that there were several empty chairs inside the restaurant. Upon seeing this I explained that two of us are handicapped and I asked if we could have some chairs to sit down in while we waited. The hostess told us that she had no chairs. There were empty chairs all around her. It wouldn't have been much of an effort for the hostess to move three chairs outside the door for us to wait. The distance between the chairs in the restaurant and the front entrance was perhaps no more than 10 feet away. We did not enjoy being treated like second-class handicapped citizens especially since we were paying good money for the food.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We love this little neighborhood sushi place. Family owned and friendly. The fish is extremely fresh, don't come too late, they run out of fish and then close early.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Koba Sushi has the freshest fish in town. Having lived in Ventura for 30 years, we have tried every new sushi restaurant that comes to Ventura. Koba is hands down the best.

1  Thank R S