“Kettering’s Oldest Tavern”
Review of Harrigan's Tavern

Harrigan's Tavern
Ranked #444 of 773 Restaurants in Dayton
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We have fond memories of the Original Harrigan’s Tavern, and have fond memories of the Marshall Road Location. Harrigan's Tavern is the sort of Pub, that when one re-visits, nothing has changed, and we like that.

Ambience: Classic Pub with an Irish Name.

The Publican is excelling today, and nearly every seat around the classic horseshoe bar is occupied. Ok, she is busy at the bar; simply place your order at the bar, and enjoy the ambience.

Five Seasons League Tennis has proceeded very well today.

We have done several $$Million dollar deals at Harrigan's Tavern.

We know that the Cheddar Burger is excellent; todays Cheddar Burger is great.

Ambience, Publican, and Burger are all first rate.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

It has been years since I've visited Harrigan's. It used to be the cool bar to hang out back in the day when I was in my mid-twenties. I recently got together with some friends for a late night drink, I was disappointed by how much the service and food had degraded. It's also in need of some remodeling and cleaning to both the main area and the restrooms.
We sat at the bar and ordered our drinks. To accompany them, we selected the chicken nachos. The nachos were served in an overwhelming plate of chips, with nacho cheese, a little bit of chicken, tomatoes, and a liberal helping of onions. Compared to other competitors, the bar food was not very good.
The service as we attempted to pay our bill and check out was even worse. We had to request our check two times. Finally we gave up on the one server who had originally served our drinks and requested the other one to ring us out.
Also, the place is very noisy. Granted it's a bar, but it is much noisier than other bars. I would probably not return.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

I will never eat at this place again. Our server took at least 15 minutes to take our order and then it took 45 minutes to get our food. There were only 10 people in the restaurant but they were all best friends with our server. She was too busy spending time with them to pay us any attention. We both got sandwiches that were okay. There is a sign out front that says Good Food, but it must be talking about a different place. There are a lot of pubs in the area, you should try any of those.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Lots of stuff on the ceiling and walls to enjoy and keep you occupied if your date hits the bathroom for a bit. Food is typical bar fare, but a good variety. The downside for me is the "cleanliness." Sorry, but the cool stuff suspended from the ceiling and adorning the walls is simply filthy. Everything is caked in years of smoke and dust. For me, that's a bit of a turn off.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Harrigans used to be a can't miss for a great burger and good adult drink, but unfortunately on my last visit food and service was not quite up to par. Don't know if the recent economic downturn has cause problems, but hopefully this was a one off. Normally the food and service is as good as other similar choices. Will give it another go..