“good selection”

Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
Ranked #9 of 74 things to do in Dayton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Boonshoft Museum is the premier destination for family learning in the Miami Valley. It is a natural history museum, science center, children's museum, planetarium, observatory and zoo!
Reviewed 10 August 2017

our first time here..so we didn't know what to expect..we took our 2 year old grandson and he had a blast..most attractions was at his eye level

All reviews
"family membership"
in 5 reviews
"rainy day"
in 10 reviews
"little bit of everything"
"interactive exhibits"
"lots of fun"
in 11 reviews
"pizza"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here with some friends from out of town. I have to say that it's awesome they give a nice military discount. There is so much to do that you could spend a whole day and still have stuff to do. The animals are so cute!! They also had a nice area where you can pet sea animals. They have a big water area and legos and so much more!! I definite must do in the area!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Took my 2 kids 4 and 7 to the museum we hadn't been in a while. I have to say I felt like it was very run down. The zoo is smaller and due to construction hard to get through. The Exhibits upstairs are a mess (probably mostly due to construction.) The Water play area didn't have but 5 or 6 plastic boats and due to a daycare there it was over crowded. My kids had a good time. Which is the most important thing, but for the price I felt as though I could have gone to the park with a box of legos and had just as much fun! Will not go again for a long time. They need to close for a couple of days and do a complete overhaul and cleaning for it to even come close to the price they charge to get in.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Yes, these museums are built for kids and they should go, but I do wish they had more adult nights for the grown ups. As an adult, its impossible to get to do anything with the amount of kids.

The museum itself is nice, the planetarium is fantastic, and there are a wide selection of animals. If you have kids, I'm sure they will love it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We stopped in for a quick visit on the way home from vacation and stayed 3 hours! The kids loved this place. Teens to toddlers. I wasn't expecting so many cool things for the kids to see. Their favorite is the small animal habitat with all of the fun animals we couldn't get them to leave.
It is a bit on the pricy side, but we usually purchase a family science museum membership in Toledo and use the reciprocal astc membership (there are some rules) to visit many of the museums around the area. Great way to take some day trips and spend time with the kids. We have found the Boonshoft to be one of their favorites.

Been to Boonshoft Museum of Discovery? Share your experiences!