“Very nice ambiance and fine service - AKA Redlands Grill”

Redlands Grill by J.Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
Redlands Grill by J.Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 773 Restaurants in Dayton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Very nice restaurant. Service was good and prompt without hovering. Rattlesnake pasta was large portion, warm, and flavorful - but these Texas diners would have preferred more spicy. Burgers were cooked correctly, dressed, and were large. Fries were also good.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Weekend trip for cousins surprise birthday party. Decided to have an intimate dinner for two and this place was perfect. The atmosphere and candlelit tables provide just what we had in mind. The staff very friendly and food was top notch. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

My apologies for posting so late. Normally I post within 24 hours after a visit, but last week was a blur.

My wife suggested that we visit after church last Sunday. She had been there recently with her friends and had a semi decent time (had to send a meal back for some reason) but raved about their dinner salads, and dessert. Although we had our two teenagers with us we left church and headed straight there. Being Sunday after church, I was expecting a bit of a brunch crowd, but was pleased to only have to wait a few moments before we were seated.

Our waiter was pleasent, prompt and offered advice on the different menu options.
I'd estimate the place was about 1/2 full, so it didn't take long for anything to come out. I settled on the prime rib sandwich, I should've taken a picture. It was really good. My wife had the Cajon style pasta, my daughter had the shrimp, and my son settled on the brunch burger. Overall a decent meal. Then we decided on dessert. I was stuffed, but I saw keylime pie on their menu, and had to shove in a little more.

Needless to say we didn't have to worry about Sunday nite dinner.

WE WILL GO BACK!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The food is good, though overly generous. Prepare to take leftovers. The noise level makes conversation a challenge. Veggie burger is excellent on first go round. The next day, the other half leaves something to be desired.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We love the atmosphere and the food at J Alexander's. The only issue that ever really comes up as regarding service. We ate there this week and at the start of the dinner we inform our waitress we did not want to be rushed. We were taking a friend who travels quite extensively and at higher-end experiences. We told him that this was one of the best restaurants in town. We had just gotten our salads and we're about a third through it, when they brought out the entrees. They have such a tendency to do that at this restaurant. Our friend told them to take back the plates. My husband and I were a little worried that our food might have been sitting under the heat lamps. It did not appear that it they were. The potatoes were actually kind of lukewarm. The restaurant was not even busy that evening. Why do restaurants insist of doing that and a restaurant of this caliber should know better.
We spent quite a bit of money.. Our friend said he prefer not to go back, sad to hear that

Been to Redlands Grill by J.Alexander's? Share your experiences!