“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I must begin by stating that breakfast is a big deal to both my husband and I . Except when we are out of town we choose not to go out for breakfast. I enjoy making everything from pancakes, Eggs Benedict, omelets etc....
Looking for a place to have breakfast in a area that we are unfamiliar with is always stressful. As this will set the tone for the day. First Watch was an awesome find for us.
The eggs were done to perfection. My omelet was not dry or runny. The coffee is outstanding. My husband loved his pancakes.
The prices were so reasonable. I wish there was a First Watch in every town.
The only negative thing was since , I am gluten free I brought my own English muffin with me. There are no gluten free rolls or toast offered on the menu and they would not toast what I had brought.
Cant wait to go back to Ohio to to eat at First Watch!

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thanks for giving us a try! We're happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your meals with us but are sorry that we don't offer any gluten free breads at this time. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I had not been to First Watch for several months. There is a new menu and they have eliminated my favorite dish. Service was ok, but I had to ask for a refill on my soft drink. That is always the way I gauge the quality of service.

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Thank you for your recent visit and for this feedback. We are very sorry that you are disappointed in our recent menu changes and that you received poor service during your visit. We take our food and service very seriously so it is upsetting to hear that this is how your visit went. We hope that you will come back and give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Tis a day with a rain forecast.

No matter the location, First Watch is first class.

My SUV requires the annual Ziebart, and we observe the extremely light traffic near the Dayton Mall at 9:15 AM.

My wife suggests as a trade for the drop off at Ziebart, that she be treated to breakfast at First Watch (post hoc ergo propter hoc.)

First Watch is arguably the best breakfast restaurant in the Greater Dayton Metropolitan area. We find the management Assiduities of First Watch always result in an excellent breakfast or lunch.

The guileless, interesting, and small menu offers my wife too may excellent choices. She: The Veg’d out omelet - House-roasted Crimini mushrooms, zucchini, onions, tomatoes and broccoli with Cheddar and Monterey Jack; He: The Parma Hash - Two eggs any style atop a hash of fresh, seasoned potatoes, Italian sausage, house-roasted Crimini mushrooms, onions and tomatoes with melted Parmesan, mozzarella and fresh herbs.

Service is first rate, and an attractive ambience invites a re-visit.

The tariff is appropriate for the fare.

Eleni K, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Thanks for stopping by! We're happy to hear that you enjoy our restaurant and love the wide variety our menu has to offer. We can't wait to see you and your wife again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2016

I really like the food here and meet friends who have a group meet on Saturday mornings. The staff knows the group and treats us very good. I ordered the cranberry-walnut pancakes and potatoes cooked well done and they were great. The coffee also is very good. I recommend this restarant. There is also one at Town and Country shopping center in Kettering.

Eleni K, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you so much!! We're so glad you and your friends enjoy your Saturday breakfasts at First Watch every week, and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

What a find! My family and I enjoyed 2 breakfasts at First Watch on the Colonel Glen Highway in Fairborn.
The first time, we walked right in and were seated promptly. However, as one would expect, our second visit on Father's Day was very crowded with 30-45 minute wait. Nonetheless, Service was superb!
Our Server arrived as soon as we sat down and took our beverage and juice order. The restaurant is exceptionally clean with open views of the spotless kitchen depending upon your seating arrangement. The menu is excellent with a multitude of "fresh" food items offered including quinoa, veggies, oatmeal etc as well as traditional breakfast selections.
We ordered basted eggs with avocado toast, Eggs Benedict (outstanding). The Parma Skillet Hash was less appealing. The Lemon Ricotta Pancakes were fabulous as was the Chile Chorizo Omelet. Everyone was pleased.

Thank you so much, Anita!! We totally appreciate your visit with your family and the time you took to write this great review. We're glad you all enjoyed your breakfast, especially those fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Hope to see you soon!