“Awesome Sushi/Great Mules”
Review of The Fish

The Fish
Ranked #68 of 589 Restaurants in Bradenton
Description: Eats & Drinks is a polished-casual atmosphere. Serving sushi, salads, rice bowls and sandwiches. Featuring craft cocktails, beer and a full bar.
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The Fish is our Go-To spot in downtown. We have never had a bad experience there. Sip was very helpful our first visit. he was very friendly and attentive - He helped us make our our sushi selections and they were amazing. I had the Florida Girl Mule and it is very delish! We loveThe Fish :)

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Stopped by for lunch and enjoyed a rice bowl with shrimp and a cold beer. Nice flavor, good presentation, and just a nice place to sit outdoors with your dog, and have a sidewalk lunch. She liked the shrimp too!

Management response:Responded 4 May 2017

Thanks for the feedback Bruce!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Good location. I started going here when the place across the street was too full which is often. I go for drinking and not the food. The sushi cooler should be right at the front door when you walk in. It should also offer fresh local fish dishes, chowder etc. Tip to owner: Hire some of the cute staff away from the place across the street. I've never seen a restaurant/ bar close that had good looking staff. Maybe a raw bar too.

Management response:Responded 18 April 2017

Hi there Tanker1007! Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Keep an eye out for some exciting happenings that are in the works. I think you'll be very pleased!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We called by for a bite of lunch on St Patricks day. The place advertised seafood, which would have suited us all, and had loads of free table outside. Turned out to be sushi, which I think is mostly cold rice - not really our scene. Or we could have had seafood on a bun! We opted for avocado salad, but noted that it contained cucumber which I detest unless it is cooked in a fish mouli. They agreed to prepare without cuc, and we asked for shrimp on top. Salad duly arrived after long delay, with 3 shrimp -very tasty but with strong flavour of cucumber incl 1 chunk of same. Salad was obviously pre-prepped, which explains slight tiredness and one piece missed from the fishing expedition. But $4.00 extra for 3 shrimp and missing cucumber??? A bit of a rip-off surely!

Management response:Responded 29 March 2017

ChrisBrown38,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and would like to learn more about your specific visit. Could you please message or email us at TheFishBradenton@gmail.com with your contact info and the best time to reach you? Every review is an opportunity to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Right in the middle of downtown Bradenton, on 12th street west.
Fabulous Sushi bar with tables or bar your choice, the bar has electrical outlets running the length of it so if you need to recharge your cellphone or plug in your tablet no problem. The set up is like a sports bar with televisions running the length of the bar also, all with sound off and text on. Music plays a nice mix of Mellow Rock and some Reggae. Music was just loud enough to enjoy without having to shout for conversation. Eclectic style to the restaurant adds to the atmosphere and the overall enjoyment of the evening.
My wife Janet had the Mexican Roll (Fried Habanero, Cream Cheese, Avocado with eel sauce and spicy mayo), also the West Coast Roll,(Salmon, Scallions, Avocado, with spicy mayo) I had the Russian Roulette Roll (Crawfish, Asparagus, Cucumber topped with Scallop and Sweet Miso Sauce; one piece is a surprise with a Habanero Sauce) which came with a shot of Cream Sake to cleanse the palate between bites (because of the Habanero pepper) but I enjoy spice so really not needed. As Sulu from Star Trek would say: "Oh My". To date it was the best Sushi I have ever had. My wife enjoyed her rolls which she didn't share, she was hungry when we sat down. Also we did share a starter of Tempura Shiitake Mushrooms. Of which I can't begin to say enough about but here goes: The Tempura was crisp (the way it is suppose to be) the mushrooms were large and piled high with a spicy crab salad.
We arrived around 6:30ish and were promptly seated, there were a few minutes until food was served but nothing out of the ordinary, remember when you go to places that build your meal like Sushi places it normally takes a few minutes. The crowd for the most part were young 25 to 35ish, my wife and I were the old folk hitting the mid 50s to 60s range (you might have noticed the Sulu reference) we had a wonderful time.
Also check out their Mules I had a Mule with Huckleberry Vodka, Lime and what ever else they threw in, it was fantastic.
Fairly new restaurant I wish them luck, it can be hard to start up a new business but from what we saw last night they should be well on their way. Located in the heart of town with such a mix of Pubs, Restaurants, a Coffee Shops we will be going back again for Sushi also to check out other delights that 12th street holds.
We have lived in Bradenton for just a little over 4 years and were unaware of this area, sad to say:( My wife and I both like to try out new places (not of the big box inc. style) When you travel so far for your vacation, you have to find and try out the little Gems that Bradenton hides.

Management response:Responded 14 March 2017

Douglas,

Thank you so much for your review. It has made our day!

We look forward to having you and your wife in again - and for you to experience some exciting developments in the near future. Take care!