“New management--same wonderful restaurant”

Bella Mia Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 616 Restaurants in Bradenton
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned authentic Italian restaurant. Pizza, pasta, kids meals - something for everyone!
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We'd heard that Bella Mia had changed hands and were leery of going back. No need to worry! Same delicious food; huge portions to take home. Garlic knots unchanged. Service was very good. Whew! That's a relief!

1  Thank Marianne M

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Our group tried several veal dishes and all were outstanding. The garlic knots are fantastic. The side salad that came with the meal was acceptable but not outstanding. The portions are huge! We had enough veal and pasta left for another meal. The house wines were a great bargain at $15 to $20 per bottle. No one had desert because we were just too full.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I was here about 6 years ago and give it terrible review for terrible food. I went with friends this time because I was told the restaurant had changed hands and had good pizza. The service was improved. The garlic rolls were delightful and hot. I ordered a medium Margarita pizza and was delighted to see no sauce and fresh tomatoes. And there end my compliments, I am sorry to say. In instead of using fresh mozzarella (the white "balls" of the really good, tender stuff), they loaded the pizza with sheets of cheap, congealed cheese with the fresh basil mixed in and cooked. Folks, this is just not how you make a Margarita pizza. A good one has flavor, most likely from the garlic oil lovingly patted onto the dough. It has the real moist mozzarella dotted on top and real tomatoes and is topped with fresh strips of basil AFTER it comes out of the oven. To make the story shorter, I took home 4 pieces and gently reheated them the next day. What a disappointment...tough, tough, tough as shoe leather. Moral is, eat it there -- it will not improve the next day. I have given this restaurant two chances, and that is probably sufficient.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Tried Bella Mias for lunch today. The stromboli were excellent. I had the pepperoni with sausage added in. My wife enjoyed her cheese steak. Sister and niece shared the Italian hero and soup. Everyone was very pleased. They bring around garlic knots that are off the chart. Much better than the bread sticks offered by the big chain. The bill for 5 of us came to $40.00 - reasonable!

1  Thank X8554TIjohna
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The name is a tad misleading because Bella Mia is far more than pizza. Yes the pizza is really good but we generally order full dinners and enjoy every bite. My husband loves their giant Stromboli - both there and the next day for lunch. They are huge! I love the veal or chicken Francaise and the portions are very large. The soups are always perfectly done. We all love the garlic knots we receive before the entrees arrive. Just perfect! It’s not fancy but the food is great and the servers are always friendly and knowledgeable. Go!