“Don't Past Up El Primo!”
Review of El Primo Taqueria

El Primo Taqueria
Ranked #173 of 622 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Trust the reviews on this place and don't judge on exterior alone. El Primo lives up to it's name. We rolled the dice on this place while driving from Tampa to Bonita Springs and were not disappointed. It's so good - portions were huge! They have such a variety here (the menu takes up almost the whole wall). You'll find something good I bet! I'd guess the original building was some kind of burger stand. The inside has an 8ish person bar along the window and there are more picnic tables under the covered porch. We came on a Sunday post-lunch about 2:00pm and we just beat a rush. The inside fills up quick. Food came out hot, fresh & delicious - make sure to try the green & red salsas kept in the drink cooler!

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here 3 times this week after passing it up for years. The prices are so reasonable. The best guacamole I have ever had for $2.75 (small size but it's not that small). Imagine that you pay at least nine dollars for a bowl of guacamole in a so called fancy Mexican restaurant. I also had the Mexican tacos which are corn tortillas with just onions, cilantro, lime. Their tamales are the best tamales I have ever eaten. Not dried out at all and the perfect consistency. I also had the shrimp tostada which is also really good. I would highly recommend this place for a quick lunch or a snack. Not much seating inside and picnic tables sitting outside but again so worth it.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

We've been working in this area for the past month, and have driven past this place, always remarking that it probably has great Mexican food. It absolutely does. The tacos were served perfectly and the beef was tangy. The lime and rice pudding drinks were a perfect match for the food. The rest of the menu, shown by photos on the wall, all looked delicious and authentic. The chef definitely knows what he's doing, we'll be back again, maybe sit outdoors. And the place is clean, nicely painted and quite comfortable. An enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

The essence of a roadside dive however if you make the mistake of driving past without stopping you will never know what you're missing. Authentic Mexican food the best in Bradenton in fact about the best that I've tasted in Florida. Next time you're heading out to the beaches on state Route 64 make sure you stop at this tiny little rest. I recommend the Menudo soup, gordita's and the corn shell tacos. Super friendly family owned business.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

We spend about 5 weeks in Bradenton every autumn, and I have been looking for an authentic Mexican experience, and this is the place. It is nothing special to look at, but you can sit outside and eat great Mexican food. A large menu, friendly staff, and full of Mexicans. We will definitely be going back. It is just a little hole in the wall, but, really authentic!!
Oh yeah....no liquor licence.
Enjoy