“Great time at St James Gate”

St. James Gate Irish Pub & Carvery
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy traditional Irish fare, your favorite imported and domestic beers and daily drink specials in our authentic Irish pub.
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Reserved table with OPEN Table. Greeted by hostess. Fast friendly service. Manager checked to see if all was well. Good food. Irish Kiss cocktail delicious!

Reviewed 3 August 2015

My husband and I have visited Las Vegas for the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction for several years. We have enjoyed it immensely and usually have a meal at "Nine Fine Irishmen" in the New York, New York Casino. This year we tried out the Mecum Auction in Harrisburg and decided we would stop at the Sands. We walked the perimeter to check out the restaurants and loved the idea of dinner at St. James Gate. We stopped in at 6:30 and were asked if we had a reservation. When we said we did not, the reaction was such that I was sure we needed to look elsewhere, however we were told that we could be seated in an hour. My response was that they would be worth it so we spent an hour working on our appetite in the casino. We were seated in the dining room near the fireplace and we both thought it a very nice spot. Our waitress, Nicole, was friendly and efficient. Our drinks were delivered promptly and our orders taken right away. That was when things went downhill. A trio of males were seated directly behind me. I would not call them gentlemen or even men, rather they were more teenagers out on the town. One was totally, stinking DRUNK. He was loud, obnoxious and crude. The four letter language that he shouted during our entire meal was obviously his primary method of communicating although he repeatedly yelled that 'I never curse but hey, I'm drunk', as if everyone in the restaurant was not aware of his state of inebriation. When our meal arrived, the person who delivered our plates from the kitchen asked if we needed anything. My response was that a little quiet would be nice and she responded that she would enjoy some of that also. It would appear the drunk had disturbed the peace of the kitchen too. I won't comment too much on the meal since I was so agitated throughout that I barely tasted what I ate. I had the sense that my husband's hamburger was OK but nothing special and I know that my meatloaf was rather bland and the sides were edible but nothing I would try to replicate at home. We were very hungry and we cleaned our plates so it wasn't awful, just not memorable. During our meal, the shift supervisor stopped at our table to ask about the meal and my husband unenthusiastically said 'fine' and as I looked up to comment on the unacceptable group behind me he left with speed before I could even speak. Nicole came to clear our plates and offer the dessert menu but I just said that we needed our bill immediately so we could get out of there. There was no place in the dining room that we could have moved to that would have drowned out the drunk which was obvious by the reaction of many others in the dining room each time he shouted out his favorite word. He should have been spoken to and asked to leave if he didn't quiet down. Had we been able to enjoy our evening out, we surely would have had a second drink, probably dessert and an after dinner liquer which would have run up our bill considerably. We did however, leave a generous tip because this was not the server's fault or responsibility. A manager should be aware of what is happening in his restaurant and know that what was happening was unacceptable. We may very well go back to Harrisburg again next year but there are other casinos and Irish restaurants to explore. I wish we had been able to establish a new tradition but I won't repeat the experience. I'll just take my dollars elsewhere.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

Inside Sands PA Casino. You can use your comp points to pay for your food. Odd seating if you are placed in the big oversized leather chairs. Try eating sitting in those chairs! But they are comfy.

The turkey club has some serious slices of turkey. If you like deli slices...this isn't the sandwich for you!

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday night. (7pm). We were asked if we had a reservation when we arrived which was funny because of all the empty tables. We were told we couldn't be seated, but could eat at the bar. We ate at the bar and the food was very good. The service was competent and quick. The food and drinks came out quick and was great. I had a braised beef grilled cheese that was fantastic!! They have a large selection of beer and alcohol.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Not a bad place, not a great place. Food was average. Service was average. Price was above average. It was very crowded and maybe it's the acoustics of the restaurant, but it seemed overly loud.