“Best meal we had at the Sands by Far”

St. James Gate Irish Pub & Carvery
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy traditional Irish fare, your favorite imported and domestic beers and daily drink specials in our authentic Irish pub.
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We ended up at St James Gate when we couldn't get a reservation at Emeril's Chop House. That was a happy accident since we really enjoyed our meal at St. James Gate. I had a tasty salad with mixed lettuces and mushrooms and some decadent macaroni and cheese. My husband had a ceasar salad and the fish and chips. Service was good. Recommended.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

This restaurant is always the place we go when we visit the Casino. The food is fantastic, but I am sorry to say, due to Casino direction, is being replaced by an Italian eatery. I'm sure that the new establishment will be top quality, as is everything associated with the Sands Hotel and Casino. Get there within the next couple of months, before it's gone forever. I would like to see this place re-open, either on or off the premises.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

We have given this place 3 tries and 2 of 3 have been awful. Last night we were a party of four. We ordered homemade chips and they came out burned. The fish and chips was soggy greasy and without flavor. The Shepherds pie was a meatloaf in a bowl. Irish? Go somewhere else.

1  Thank OCC04
Reviewed 2 October 2015

This was my second time dining at this restaurant. This time I had the Fish and Chips which were very tasty, lightly battered, not breaded. The chips were crisp and tasty as well. This experience was definitely better than the first experience.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

The décor and ambiance are very good. A fireplace and ample seating. For your meal, there is a choice of pub food and dinners. My companion and I shared the fried pickles which were served with a Sriacha dip and were very good. She had the burger which she said was very tasty and it was a good size burger. I, however, tried the Shepherd's Pie. It was small and did not include a side dish unless you wanted to purchase one. The pie, although it tasted fine, in my opinion was overpriced. There is a good variety of beers and wine or soft drinks. If you want to try this restaurant, you would be wise to reserve a table.