“Good but not special”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy traditional Irish fare, your favorite imported and domestic beers and daily drink specials in our authentic Irish pub.
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

We are here while at casino. The beer was good. Calamari was good, salmon and shepherds pie average. Ok place to eat but Emerils restaurants in the casino are better.

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Too bad this restaurant is closing. First time every having 2" prime rib. Unbelievable. Mash potatoes and asparagus were ok. Nothing special. It's all about the meat. And wine.

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

The 3 star review is more oriented around the service we experienced. The food was definitely a 5.

This was my boyfriends and i first time at the Sands Casino and at this restaurant. When we walked in we were seated immediately which was impressive for a friday night. (It was not very busy either which was nice) Our waitress, Ashley, came over and took our drink order then our food order and then that was the last we saw of her. Im under the impressed that she had either injured herself or she was not feeling the best because we had two other members of the wait staff delivering our food and refilling drinks. The one girl who cleared our plates asked us if we wanted anything else, we said no and we waited over 20 minutes and she never brought our check over. The manager came over and asked us (again) if we needed anything (probably because he noticed our table was cleared off) and i said no we were waiting for the check, and then he went and got it for us. It would have been nice if they told us what had happened to Ashley but I guess that would have inconvenienced them.

We got the calamari for an appetizer and it was delicious! My boyfriend got the prime rib sandwich with house chips and i got the fish and chips (fries). The prime rib sandwich was to die for!! So tender and delicious, it came with an au jus for dipping and it was completely unbelievable! The fish and chips were also very tasty. The tartar sauce that came with it was amazing! We dipped not only the fish in it but the fries and chips as well!! I also got an irish honey tea (its a cocktail) and that was very good as well. Whenever we return to the Sands, we will probably frequent this place again.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

We ended up at St James Gate when we couldn't get a reservation at Emeril's Chop House. That was a happy accident since we really enjoyed our meal at St. James Gate. I had a tasty salad with mixed lettuces and mushrooms and some decadent macaroni and cheese. My husband had a ceasar salad and the fish and chips. Service was good. Recommended.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

This restaurant is always the place we go when we visit the Casino. The food is fantastic, but I am sorry to say, due to Casino direction, is being replaced by an Italian eatery. I'm sure that the new establishment will be top quality, as is everything associated with the Sands Hotel and Casino. Get there within the next couple of months, before it's gone forever. I would like to see this place re-open, either on or off the premises.