Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area
Hyatt Place Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$124
US$105
Courtyard
US$199
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$116
Courtyard
US$159
US$143
All reviewsstayed herehear planespancake machinefront deskroom was cleansoft pillowsan overnight stayfamily weddingshower curtainnext morningshort stayallentown arealehigh universityfitness centerincluded breakfastone night staysands casino
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is questionably dirty. There’s an unknown carpet stain the room smells like curry and meanwhile the place looks straight out of the 80s DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Breakfast is mediocre at best with solidified cheese omelttes. I recommend another hotel because this one is frankly poorly maintained and dirty.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank twittr1
Victoria F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear twittr1,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Bethlehem. We try our best to make sure each guest has a great stay but apparently did not reach that goal with your stay. Please know that we take all reviews seriously. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel about the specific room you were in so that we can look at the carpet. Unfortunately, due to the microwaves and refrigerators, we can always control strong food smells. It sometimes take more then we'd like for the smells to go away. Again, please contact me about specifics items you felt were poorly maintained and dirty as we want to make sure no one else feels that way.

hiesales3375@aol.com
610-882-2255

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Yes it was my fault I booked by mistake the wrong holiday inn.. I wanted the one that had the indoor pool by cherry lane, instead by mistake I booked here from a third party.. I asked them to do a refund they explained to me that I need to call the third party and I ask them for it..

The third party told me the hotel won’t give me the refund but they (the third party ) will pay my refund if the hotel manager authorizes to get my refund and even though the hotel wasn’t going to pay me but the third party need it the authorization a simple yes to get my money back and the hotel denied my refund by not agreeing ..

What a holiday there goes my sons Christmas gift.. I know it was my mistake for booking the wrong hotel but wow..

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Flor G
Victoria F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Flor G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We completely understand your frustration with booking the wrong hotel as we do not have an indoor pool. Unfortunately, 3rd party prepaid reservations are difficult for us to cancel as they paid us and not you. When you arrived, the front desk told you the 3rd party had to cancel. In the meantime, you still checked into our hotel. We didn't receive a call from the 3rd party until 2 days after your checkout date. We are sorry there was so much confusion.

Thanks,

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on High Point Blvd for an overnight trip to Bethlehem. Front desk very efficient and courteous. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was enough for us before we hit the road back home. Conveniently located and ample parking.. Price was fair. Would definitely stay there again if and when we make another visit to Bethlehem...

Stayed: December 2017

Dear Peppers7,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We value you opinion. We hope you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Bethlehem.
Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel is somewhat dated but a good choice for a short stay. I was hoping for a leisurely bath following a long drive and the ladies at the front desk were very accommodating in changing our room assignment despite our late arrival. We also appreciated being able to walk to a restaurant just in behind the hotel. Despite the GPS directions, accessing the hotel was much more direct than indicated. Breakfast the next morning was the usual fare but replenished even towards the 9:30 end time.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Victoria F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear HappyCanadian13,
Thank you for your review! We value the opinions of our guests. I'm am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Lehigh Valley.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

After staying at this hotel in the past while visiting family, I was delighted that the site was chosen to lodge guests for a family wedding. My excitement turned to dismay when I saw the condition of the hotel since we last stayed there. Dear Lord, the furniture in the lobby and breakfast area has threadbare upholstery and is just plain dirty. Even the coffee table is warped and has lost its finish. Our guest room actually had blue chewing gum stuck to the bottom rim of the lamp on the nightstand. How the housekeeper could have missed it was beyond me. Then again, the upper glass shelves in the bathroom hadn’t been dusted in weeks. I could write my initials in the thick layer of dust.

The breakfast bar was nice, but the pancake machine was malfunctioning to the ire of everyone eating breakfast. It wasn’t until the poor employee servicing the area overheard me complain to my traveling companion that corporate would not be pleased with the conditions, that she retrieved a management person to try to fix the belt on the pancake machine. She even came over to me as she was replenishing the coffee to apologize for the faulty machine and made some recommendations on what was good on the breakfast bar. She was a bright spot of the morning.

After traveling throughout the country to various IHG properties, I have to admit that this property is THE WORST. The company has standards & routinely inspects the properties to make sure they reflect positively on the brand. This site does not.

I should have known something was amiss when we went to check in. The one clerk working the front desk had to check in a large amount of guests while other employees could be heard in the back laughing and talking about their boyfriends and what they were doing for the weekend. Perhaps what they needed to be doing was working the job they get paid to do.

Room Tip: Don’t get stuck in a room next to the housekeeping closet- too noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Hi Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our priority and hearing we failed is disheartening. It is unfortunately to hear that the conditions you encountered negatively affected your overall satisfaction. This is not the kind of experience we wish our guests to have. Rest assured your comments have been shared with the management team for training purposes and corrective measures.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and our apologies for the shortfalls. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we would love nothing more than to welcome you back and deliver an experience you'll be sure to remember.

Connie D