“Fire Works while on Vacation”
Review of Crowley Lake

Crowley Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: This man-made lake is well-stocked with several types of trout for prime fishing.
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Ten of us including the kids attended the 4th of July fireworks show at Lake Crowley. The show was excellent. We all had a good time. Getting into the landing by vehicle was pretty quick. Getting out to go home requires a little patience.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

I was very interested in the Crowley Lake Columns and found its takes some effort to get to them. My approach was to rent a powered boat (half day about $60+) and drive across the lake. It was easy to rent, quick trip across the lake, and a fun experience. Upon landing on the beach you can hike to a number of the white columns. They are quite interesting and highly recommending. Depending on how long you stay it takes about 2 to 3 hours to travel around the lake, visit the site, boat up the river, and then park back in the harbor. Bring sun block and water if you are visiting in the summer.

Tip: You can access the Columns by driving a four wheel drive vehicle right to the beach.

3  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Our family rented 5 kayaks and loved the experience. Beautiful scenery and weather was nice when we were there. The wind started picking up in the afternoon. The only thing I did not like were the pesky flies/bugs on the beach. There were a lot of them!

3  Thank cptb2011
Reviewed 1 July 2016

This is my "go to" lake for catching large trout in the Mammoth Lakes Basin. The average trout (rainbow, brown & cut throat) ranges from 2-5 pounds. You can fish from shore but catching is variable depending on the location and weather conditions. You can float tube early morning, although the winds typically pick-up around noon and you can easily be blown across the lake if you're not careful. The Marina rents aluminum boats with different engine configurations and also pontoon boats for larger parties. Reserve your boat if you are going to fish any weekend or holiday because they go quickly. Fly fishing, primarily nymph, is the most successful although trolling and still fishing can also be great. It is a large lake and water skiier and watercraft are often there also. There are many guide services in Mammoth, Bishop and at the Marina if you want to increase your chances of catching fish. There is a 5 fish limit for trout, but unlimited for Sancrament Perch.

2  Thank Kent S
Reviewed 8 June 2016

I phoned to make a reservation and the gentleman was very pleasant and tried working with our rig set up. But he asked about pets, that when it took a turn for the worst. I have a 10 yr old female shih-tzu with No eyes and a 1 year old rescue pitmix. I explained that our dog has been through 4 mos of training and is certified as an AKC Good Citizen Dog. She was tested for temperament and will soon be working as a therapy dog. He told me it was an insurance issue that he would have to call the insurance company. In the meantime I was able to fine another place to stay just because I didn't know if he would phone back. He did phone back only to tell me Sorry that our dog could not stay there. Very disappointed with the prejudiced against our sweet, loving dog. He was very apologetic but it doesn't make me feel any better. My dog acts better then a lot of children I have seen during our travels.

5  Thank Shelley H