“Great place to celebrate our son's birthday”
Review of Jimmy's Taverna

Jimmy's Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 90 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: CLOSED FOR THE OFF SEASON! We look forward to seeing you this winter! Let it SNOW! Please join us for the freshest seafood, wood-grilled meats and the most innovative appetizers in Mammoth Lakes, California. Our chefs are classically trained, our service is superb, and our decor is gorgeous. Our world-class wine and spirit selections pair perfectly with our incredible seafood making every meal an event. It's the closest you'll come to the coast while in the majestic Sierra Nevada Mountains. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Classy atmosphere, festive flaming cheese - OPA! Gourmet seafood and filet mignon, great wine chosen by Chip, the sommelier, top-notch service. The flourless chocolate cake is the best I've ever had. Thoroughly impressed our son on his 26th birthday.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Visited this restaurant over the Labor Day weekend for the first time. It occupies the old Ocean Harvest building across from the Rafters. Hardly anyone was in the restaurant when I came in at 6pm so I sat at the bar. I started with the spiced ceviche. The bartender warned me that some people didn't like it because they didn't like the heat. Since I like spicy stuff I ordered it and didn't find the heat to be a problem at all. The ceviche had small scallops, shrimp, octopus in a bloody mary sauce. It was good and the portion size was larger than I expected. I also had the double kebob entree (lamb and beef). Here I wish the meat had more Greek seasonings. I found the kebobs to be a little bland. The bar service was very good, and I found the conversation with the other patrons at the bar enjoyable. Looking over their menu, I'll be back only to try their grilled octopus salad and their cioppino.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Some really good Greek dishes such as beef and lamb kebobs, sampler dips with hummus, spanakopita, and flaming cheese brought to your table. Also had rack of lamb and a special that night was a filed topped with dungeness crab.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Not at all what you might think from the outside or from their own pix on the internet. High ceiling, open and light ambience, tastefully decorated in minimalist Greek/Mediterranean style. Really nice Mediterranean menu. Great bar - Tony "the Pope" is the epitome of a kind, conversant, knowledgeable, experienced, and quality-oriented bar keep. Best dining experience in Mammoth, indeed, comparable to very good Mediterranean restaurants in SF.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The waiter proposed suggestion of the day: Colorado lamb chops, without telling the price in advance. What I got were 4 little chops and had to pay 45 USD for it. What a rip off. Misleading consumers!