“Beautiful hike”

Reviewed 2 December 2015

Very nice hike. Great views. It can be very windy along the crest. We did not meet a lot of people although we hiked on a Saturday. It appears that most people just do the first half mile or so.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

I did this walk as part of my acclimatization for the JMT. I found the upper part hard going as it was only my second day walking at altitude, but I very much enjoyed the variety of terrain and scenery. Woodland at the bottom, desert in the middle and classic high Sierra at the top. Fantastic views and darn good training.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

A picture may say a thousand words but a picture could never capture the beauty of nature. This is Mother Nature at her finest.

1  Thank JCBrennan
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Mammoth Crest is a great day hike and fairly level once you get past the switchbacks. Start out early and pack a lunch. Be prepared with several layers of clothes and gloves. In the past, we have encountered snowfall on this hike as early as September. Leave plenty of time to get down before dark. Enjoy!

2  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 20 June 2015

Great trail for beginning and intermediate level hikers. Lovely scenery and easy to follow signage. Beautiful surroundings and not overcrowded.