Captain Whidbey
US$96
US$171
US$189
Official Site
Fort Casey Inn(Coupeville)(Great Value!)
US$175
Official Site
The Coachman Inn & Suites(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$143
Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$143
CandlewoodSuites
Auld Holland Inn(Oak Harbor)
US$139
US$129
Hotel Planter(La Conner)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$167
All reviewseuropean styleshared bathroompenn covegrounds are beautifulchowderrooms are smallwe stayed in a lagoon roomlodge roomscontinental breakfastnice deckenjoy the viewhistoric buildingmusselsstep back in timeoverlooking the waterunique experienceromantic getaway
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

It's been 15 years since I've been here & I was hoping it hadn't changed! I was pleasantly surprised by the changes of gardens & tranquility we enjoyed.
I wanted to spend a memorable time with my 4yo & we were greeted every morning, evening & night with a variety of wildlife.
Deer, bunnies, babies of those.
I'm so pleased with our stay.
Great staff, Great food, atmosphere of Island life.
I've always talked about Whidbey Island, staying at Captain Whidbey Inn, the mussels & chowder.
Everything else was a bonus!
Especially the wildlife, nature & getting away from all the distractions in life!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The chowder is a must! Our meal was delectable from the chowder to the cobbler. Our daughter loved eating edible flowers.
The location is beautiful. If we find ourselves near Coupeville again we will definitely be dining here.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

A beautiful, historic place at the heart of Penn Cove outside Coupeville on Whidbey Island. Stayed there for one night with family and enjoyed a beautifully decorated, quiet and comfortable room with a view to Mt Vernon and Penn Cove. Delicious breakfast on the terrace was a treat as well.

Service was good but we would have expected a bit more friendliness, thus a little minus in my rating. However, I am happy to recommend the place and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2017

My wife and I spent the Memorial day weekend at Captain Whidbey Inn. We stayed in cabin #31 which is right on the water and nearest to the restaurant/bar. The accommodations are just what you would expect for a nationally recognized historic hotel. The cabin was clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job of getting in and cleaning when you were out of the room. We slept in one morning and were in the room later than normal. The house keeper always seemed to know when we would be gone even though we kept no schedule whatsoever. Sleep inns mixed with early ups. She always knew just when to come back without bothering us. A very nice touch.
The view form cabin #31 was beautiful with a nice deck, chairs and table. There is convenient parking for the cabins behind the main lodge which makes for easy transfer of bags. The room had a small fridge and microwave which made it nice for heating up snacks between meals. The food at Captain Whidbey Inn is excellent. Chef Ryan has been there for a number of years and we always make it a point to stop in for lunch or dinner when visiting the island. Chris our server did a great job of taking care of us both in the restaurant and bar. This place has a homey laid back feel perfect for unwinding in a beautiful waterfront atmosphere. We had a wonderful stay and will return again.

Room Tip: Reserve cabin #31 or #32. They are both on the water and very private.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
CaptainWhidbeyInn, Director of Sales at Captain Whidbey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you for staying with us Rick. We are happy that you both enjoyed your stay and could relax and recharge on your schedule.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience as well. Chef Ryan loves what he does and Chris really enjoys his customers.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I attended a beautiful wedding there this last weekend. There was a young lady I think she said her name was Kelsey, I just wanted to say she did an amazing job she was helping out with everything I know we asked quite a bit from that young lady and she had a great attitude about it all. She even helped watched our little ones. She made the day very nice for us parents and the reception was beautiful good event and great service. Thank you

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for letting us know about your great experience with your group. Kelsey is super attentive and generally knows just what her guests need, even when it's an extra set of parental eyes.

We hope to see you all again soon and wish Mr. and Mrs. much happiness!