3,654 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetthe reading terminal marketheadhouse towergreat locationthe concierge loungecity halllarge hotelhard rock cafevalet parkingmarket streetwithin walking distancelobby barattending a conferenceliberty bellper dayflower show
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This is a busy hotel in the center of the city. Just about everything is within walking distance and lots of good food options very close. Be prepared for multiple conventions going on as this is very close to the convention center. Service was as expected.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Stiv_Wa,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. We strive to make sure every guest has a comfortable and relaxing stay, and we are delighted to know we exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Philadelphia!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

we stayed here on our first East coast trip and we enjoyed it. it was affordable, clean, and the staff was friendly. I also liked the shower and the lobby was organized nicely with information for guests.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Christina V,

Thank you for staying with us at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown and for sharing your review. It is a delight to know you had a wonderful stay with us and liked our well-maintained facility and friendly staff. Thanks again, and please come and see us again.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Upon arriving our rooms were not available due to a computer outage. this was a little early for check in but being platinum Starwood guarantees an early arrival. Front desk man was cold about it. Breakfast in the EL was only till 9am. Last year it was 10am and even then people were crowding in shortly before 10. This is a strong negative for me. The hotel is in a good location for a tourist. They do have a Starbucks machine that makes lattes as well as just coffee. This is a plus.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nothomemuch
TeamMarriott, Guest Experiences Liaison at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear Nothomemuch,

Thank you for being our guest, and for providing a review of your stay. We want to apologize for the issue you encountered at check-in due to our computers being down, and we are sorry our staff didn't provide you with the kind of service you were hoping for. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We have already addressed them with our staff. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future to offer you better hospitality.

Barbara F.,
Guest Services Liaison

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Stayed at the Marriott downtown for 3 days on Business. The place is right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. Lots of eating, shopping options nearby. Hard to not notice the pile of cars at the entrance. Had to wade through a maze literally. Got a good nice quiet 16th floor room. As Premier elite had access to the lounge . Decent spread in the lounge though the staff there are downright lazy and just wade around. Can sometimes face a queue for check in. However I always love the Marriott and this one is good too though it could have been even better

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear ChinchillRavi,

Our thanks for reviewing your stay at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. We are glad you liked our convenient location as well as your comfortable room. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our future guests' experience. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Stayed at your Philadelphia downtown hotel in April. During my stay my room had towels with holes in them, a dirty floor, the room smelt horrible (cold air blowing into it with draft), almost like a damp wet dog smell...and there was NO running hot water. I complained the hotel manager, they said they would compliment my one day stay. A week later I noticed fees on my credit card for random telecom costs that were not incurred during my stay (i made no calls, and internet was included in my stay). I tried to get a copy of my folio for 3 weeks. On May 17th I was finally able to get someone on the phone to help me (after numerous calls) on the phone with your customer service team for 2 hours. Finally got a folio, however - your employees used the word “ogre” when addressing me. He wasn’t even able to get a clear response from the hotel as to why I was charged those fees in the first place. This whole situation is never to happen. I’ve never been so upset with a stay and hotel brand in my whole life. I then tried to connect with Marriott via Facebook messenger and twitter, and for the last two weeks have been receiving standardized messaging saying someone will contact me. NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME. I feel very sad about this, and its made me realize this company doesn't truly value their guests or customers.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BetseyJohn

Dear jacquelinedifilippo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further and someone will be in touch.

Guest Experiences Liaison