2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$152
PricelineUS$152
Hotels.comUS$152
TraveluroUS$153
Marriott HotelsUS$152
eDreamsUS$152
4,054 results
All reviews convention center across the street great location the concierge lounge reading terminal market large hotel attending a conference flower show central location corner room lobby parking valet block chinatown
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2021 via mobile

This hotel is a great find. It is in a great location and walkable to all of the sites. The hotel room was spacious and clean. Staff provided great customer service. I have no complaints at all about this hotel and would stay here again. This is definitely one of the better Marriott’s I have stayed at.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 8 September 2021

I really like this hotel. It's very clean, and the beds are very comfortable. That's most important to me. In addition, the location is excellent. It's right across from Reading Terminal which has so many take out eateries, and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, especially within a 15 minute radius. The only things that could use improvement: the wifi was a challenge (my friend and I could not get service even on their Guest wifi); the service took quite a while even when my son went downstairs for an extra blanket; and it cost me an extra $68 for 2 days of parking. Also - AAA rooms are less expensive than Marriott Bonvoy member prices. I don't really understand that. All that said, it is a strong contender for every time I come into Philly.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

I, along with 15 of my staff travel extensively. Yes, COVID has significantly impacted that, but have been Platinum status a number of times over the past 15 years. I cannot ever recall being upgraded to a really nice suite. It seems all your status gets you is a free nights (if available-Marriott limits them now ). Concierge lounges are also closed. Being a loyal customer gets you nothing except the occasional free breakfast. Marriott changed the status program a few years back when they launched Bonvoy to it's detriment. Placing this review on Trip Advisor also. There's a reason this hotel is rated so poorly here.

Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank Edwin C
Barbara Fitzgerald, Other at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we are sorry we have fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your disappointment. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to be used in our continued efforts to improve our product and services.

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

Other than its convenient location and so far knock on wood nothing severely wrong with the room, this hotel is a hot mess! Misled us on several fronts - that breakfast was included and that discounts are offered for first responders/govt officials- when we checked in we were told both weren’t true. And why’s the pool closed, limited restaurant hours/options and concierge desk almost a year and a half into COVID-19??? Other hotels figured out how to do all this safely up to a year ago- come on! Also, stayed here during a Shriners convention, where a hundred+ guests were allowed to congregate in front of the hotel being very loud, making a holy mess and smoking cigarettes/cigars/weed right near the path leading to the front door and in front of the main entrance door!

Will NEVER stay at this place again… ever! It disgraces the Marriott name.

Room tip: Yes- don’t stay here!
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank H9112PArebeccad
Barbara Fitzgerald, Other at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. We thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed our great location. Having said that, we are sorry to read that we were not able to meet all of your expectations during your stay. We do our best to maintain high standards, and we continually strive to improve upon our service. Comments like yours help us in this process, so we appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with an even better stay on your next visit to Philadelphia.

Reviewed 10 July 2021

Stayed here during the independence day weekend with friends. We were all very happy with our rooms. One of our rooms is a corner room and has two windows facing NJ. We were able to see some nice fireworks in people's backyards through the windows.

The hotel is spacious and nice. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. Special shoutout to Rose, who really helped us multiple times during our trip.

I would have given it a five star review if it weren't for the breakfast. So far we are still getting the grab-to-go bags and we wish the lounge will be re-opened or give us vouchers (for elites) to eat in the restaurant.

Date of stay: July 2021