US$164
US$134
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

US$165
US$138
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
The Independent Hotel(Philadelphia)
US$159
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

US$157
US$139
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

The Windsor Suites(Philadelphia)
US$179
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

US$267
US$256
US$351
US$153
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

US$175
US$169
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

US$137
US$130
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$296
US$247
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscarriage housefarmers marketgermantown avenuefire pitparis bistrochestnut grillbombay roommorris arboretumcin cinpost office buildingnespresso machinecharming hotelcontinental breakfastchicken clubthe main hotelclose to the train stationhistoric charm
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful building in a beautiful area. To are nice and clean. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Great restaurant attached. There are plenty of quaint shops and eateries close by. Highly recommend

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
John P, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear John R,

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted you found our hotel to be beautiful and that you had time to take in some of what historic Chestnut Hill has to offer, all within walking distance of the hotel. I will pass on your kind words to my staff; I am pleased you found them to be friendly and accommodating. Hopefully your travel plans will bring you back for a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

There are good things about this place: it's pretty, the garden is beautiful, the room is nice and quaint, bed and pillows are good quality and comfortable, renovated bathroom. The staff people are all very nice, but they are also incompetent. I stayed for two nights. The first night, I arrived late to find the heat in the room didn't work. There is a wall unit for heat, and I couldn't make it turn on. There is also a gas fireplace, but that one is on a timer, and turned itself off every two hours - so not a solution for sleeping overnight. Also the window was not sealed well and let in a cold breeze so the room was freezing. I called the front desk. The staff didn't know what to do. They said they had no extra rooms, no space heaters, no extra remote controls for the unit (to test) - nothing they could do except give me an extra blanket, which wasn't super helpful because the room was very cold and my face was freezing. So I woke up every two hours freezing and had turn on the fireplace timer back on.
The next day I asked in the morning before leaving that someone please fix the heat in the room. But when I came back after a long day of work I found out that they didn't!!! I couldn't believe it. The first night I thought - 'ok stuff happens.' But not to fix it when you had a whole day??? That's terrible customer care.
And again, same excuses - no extra room, no extra remote to test... this time they had a tiny space heater. Didn't help much. And they only offered to take $100 off a $520 bill for this, absurd. This is an extensive place with terrible service.
Side note FYI: the 'fitness center' is a tiny room with no windows that has one treadmill, one elliptical, and a few weights. The cooling there didn't work, it was at least 80 degrees, and the TV on the treadmill was broken (no sound).

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank xody r
John P, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Dear xody r,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you found our staff to be nice, the room to be quaint, bedding comfortable and that you enjoyed the renovated bathroom with a shower, clawfoot bath tub, and heated floors and towel bar. I apologize that the remote control for the heating unit in the bedroom stopped working and that the room was not at a comfortable temperature. We replaced the batteries to the remote; however that did not fix the problem. A new remote was not available on property or locally and had to be shipped overnight. Unfortunately the Hotel was sold out and we did not have the flexibility of offering you a different room.

It was my understanding that, after the Manager on Duty spoke with you personally and provided you with an electric ceramic space heater and our Night Auditor provided you with an additional blanket that you would be comfortable. If you had informed the Manager on Duty that the best solution we could offer, given that we were sold out did not make you comfortable, we would have assisted with finding accommodations at another local hotel. As discussed, a rate adjustment was processed for your inconvenience.

Our fitness center lighting and thermostat is kept in the off mode when not in use. Guests may choose to set the thermostat to their liking. I personally checked the air conditioning features and they are in working order. Our Precor fitness equipment allows guests to watch channels of their choice. The audio feature is for use with ear buds only, which are available complimentary at our front desk. We do not have the external speaker feature enabled so other guests working out will not have conflicting sounds.

Thank you again for your comments. Should your travel plans bring you back to the area, I would be delighted to assist you personally with your reservation and make sure we exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding guest service and I apologize that you did not have a positive experience during your first stay with us.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

My experience at this place was wonderful. I stayed alone at the carriage house, with my dog. I have never felt so well rested as I did after a night of sleep here. The pillows, mattress and bedding are all heavenly.
The shower, don't even get me started! The shower is open and modern. The pressure on the shower head may be on of my favorite parts of this stay. Nothing is worse than getting ready to take a hot evening shower and the pressure stinks, the water doesn't get hot enough, or the shower itself is uncomfortable. This is not the case here. They also have complimentary L'Occitane en Provence products for use! My room had a beautiful claw foot tub as well. Heavenly!
The towels and robe are plush and comfortable.

The room itself was beautiful. It had all of the essential amenities and then some. The Nespresso machine became my best friend in the morning. So easy to use and made the best cup! I had a fire place, a wall unit to set my temperature how ever I desired, and a flat screen television above my bed. It really was such a comfortable and cozy evening.

Every staff member I encountered was friendly, easy to approach and talk to, and incredibly accommodating.

The outside of my hotel room was really one of the best parts of this experience. They have a market place with fresh coffee, lots of vendors selling all kinds of foods from Surf and Turf to Jerk Chicken and sticky buns! They even have a beer garden with fire roasted pizza! And a beautiful outdoor garden with seating. I felt like I escaped to a hip, funky garden-oasis. They did a great job with the design of this outdoor space. It also appeals to me because it is a real family spot, with dogs too!

Overall, this stay could not have been better. I will be back. I will also be putting guests up here when they come to visit. This place is cozy, accommodating, accepts pets, is so, so clean (I am a little OCD when it comes to cleanliness and they surpassed every expectation). I could move in!

Thank you Chestnut Hill Hotel and the wonderful market place!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
John P, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Alli B

Wow, thank you for your kind and detailed review regarding your recent visit with us. I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations and that you were able to get a good night’s sleep so you felt rested and that the shower was one of your favorite parts! As you noticed, the owners recently renovated the outside space at the MARKET nearby; it is a wonderful spot for families to hang out and it’s also great for friends to spend time together and customers can even bring their dogs. We’re thrilled to hear you took advantage of the in-room coffee machine and that you’ll be recommending the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Chestnut Hill Hotel is really charming. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was attentive and friendly, and the restaurants attached to the hotel were wonderful. I would have liked a larger fitness room, but even that was OK. I totally recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear john b,
I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable visit and that your accommodations were clean and comfortable. I will pass on your kind words regarding our staff. As you noticed, our fitness room is small, but efficient with Precor equipment (treadmill, stationary bike, and elliptical), a free-weight option, an exercise ball and work out mat. Thank you again for your comments and your recommendation to others. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

The hotel was immaculate, in a fantastic location. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room and beds were very comfortable. There are many places to eat within walking distance. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jan175,
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location in the heart of historic Chestnut Hill and that our associates were helpful and friendly. We are fortunate to have several delicious dining options accessible from the hotel lobby, including the Chestnut Grill and Paris Bistro not to mention other fantastic options just a short walk away. We look forward to seeing you again soon.