1,599 results
All reviews chef michael university city the club lounge noodle house front desk penn's campus college visit street station guest services fitness center across the street housekeeping staff per day convenient location checking in enjoyed my stay few blocks
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Hey management! Wake up and get your staff some training. Love the location and the room was clean and comfortable, but the Front Desk is just not up to the task. Check-in was long because the person did not seem to know what she was doing. There was a quick fix to my internet problem that the Front Desk had but instead, they transferred me to their contractor, charges the phone call to my bill (!@$?), the contractor sends me back to the Front Desk for the quick fix, and it still takes two more calls because they are in such a rush to get off the phone. Upon check out, I had to convince the Front Desk to give me a copy of my bill because she is under mistaken I was not entitled to one (with incorrect charges, incidentals, etc., do I really need to explain why I need a copy of my bill?). In less than 24 hours, every encounter with the Front Desk was difficult and each person showed a shocking lack of basic common sense and customer service etiquette. Also, hallways are not clean, and the Club food is just awful (though the staff is quite nice), so not worth the upgrade if you have to pay for it.

Room Tip: Club level room was clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N2NY
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Friday night in the city. Good price for a clean, modern room. Huge flatscreen mounted on the wall.. Took a swim in the pool. Hit the bars near the hotel that are within walking distance. Great time. Will go back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2011

1 nite visit to check out UPENN with our daughter for graduate school...picked the sheraton because it $100 cheaper than the Hilton at Penn and the parking was cheaper...$20 versus $40...The sheraton was in a great location ..part of the campus..lots of stores/restaurants around....Standard room...a bit small no complaints..would stay there again

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
SheratonPhiladelphia, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

JoyceinNY,

We are happy to hear that you found our hotel valuable. We wish your daughter the best of luck in her hunt for a grad school. Hopefully, she chooses UPenn so we may be able to accommodate your more often. Safe Travels!

Management

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Great location for a visit to the UPenn campus. Hotel in dire need of a renovation, has an 80s feeling, both in our room and the public areas. Service was doing the best they can from the infrastructure. We did not have breakfast in hotel, or use restaurant. Parking structure conveniently located alongside hotel, but small for larger cars, dirty and in poor state of maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2011

My wife and son travelled to Philadelphia to visit Penn during April break. We stayed at the Sheraton as it is virtually on the Penn campus. We upgraded to a suite so we had a bit more room. The size was fine but I had noticed a bit of markings on the wall when we arrived. The room generally wasn't the cleanest (lot of dust along the carpet edges, etc and room clearly needed updating). I didn't report it as it appeared as if the room needed some updating and it appeared that the marking was an indication of new paint or wallpaper - we were only in the room one night and had a pretty packed schedule -- so I really didn't want to spend my time complaining about the room. When we arrived home I received my credit card statement with an extra $150 charge. After calling, they informed me that there was some graffiti on the wall which they had to replace some wallpaper and that the charge stood -- since they claimed they inspect the room prior to each occupancy. Wow - we certainly did not put the marking on the wall and in no way were we responsible, however, the manager insisted it is their policy to put the damage on the bill of the last occupant and since they hadn't noticed it before our arrival we are at fault! I informed the manager that not only was this unacceptable but I will never stay at another Sheraton -- given I travel extensively on business (and have for 30 years) the impact will be far greater than the $150 charge! In addition, I will make sure my company stirs clear of Sheratons as well -- in Philly there is a perfectly fine Hilton around the corner.

Room Tip: Make sure you inspect the room carefully
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelkingcentral

Travelkingcentral,

We want to extend a heartfelt apology to you for any damage fees you have incurred which you were not responsible for. Unfortunately, it is our policy to charge the last guest that stayed in the room for any damages that the room suffers. We have informed our housekeeping department of this incident, and we have stressed the importance of them checking the rooms thoroughly prior to the guest’s arrival. In the future please report any damages that you see right away-- we would hate for this to happen again. Once again, we sincerely apologize and hope you understand.
Safe travels