“Wonderful oasis in University City.”

and 1 more site!
The Study at University City
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Everything about my stay was excellent. If I had to find something I didn't like, it was the noise the AC unit made going on and going off. This is pretty normal at hotels but I wish there were a way it could be managed because it does interfere with sleep for light sleepers.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StudyUCTeam, Front Office Manager at The Study at University City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Annerm,

Thank you so much for choosing The Study at University City for your stay. I apologize for the air conditioning noise you heard during your stay. I am happy to say we are currently changing out our entire system to make sure there will no longer be any noise. I hope you will come stay with us again soon so we can exceed your expectations. Happy travels!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Took my daughters to visit the Philadelphia colleges and stayed here over a weekend. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean, modern and bright.

The hotel lost one star in my rating due to the AC being a too noisy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
StudyUCTeam, Front Office Manager at The Study at University City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Granolajo11,

Thank you for staying with us here at The Study at University City during your college tour! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our rooms and our wonderful staff. I apologize about the AC unit being loud. I will definitely let me engineering team know! I am happy to say that we are in the middle of a hotel-wide project of upgrading our AC units and this should be completed very soon. I hope you will join us again in University City so we can exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This was our second stay at The Study University, my wife and i went to the HUB
for medical resons and first time we left the hospital 1:30 am to tired to drive 21/2 hours home
we saw the Study was a few blocks away.
The second time we had a very early appointment at the HUB and reserved reservations
at the Study and were very pleased with the service,the food and the front desk were very
accommodating for all are needs. ( we found the Study very clean)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StudyUCTeam, Front Office Manager at The Study at University City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Q2859OWdavidz,

I am so happy we could accommodate you twice during this time. I hope we made you feel as much at home as possible. We always strive to accommodate however we can. Thank you for dining with us as well at Co-Op! I hope you will be back in the Philadelphia again soon for a more leisurely experience. We would love to have you!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Great hotel experience in the middle of University City! I’m typically a business traveler that frequents cookie cutter big chain brands (and also not one to normally write reviews for hotels) but I just spent a relaxing and refreshing weekend in this fabulously new and very modern hotel. Loved it! The rooms were bright, spacious and very European (the whole hotel is actually like this).

We had a fantastic corner room that had a beautiful, book lined study (including leather chairs, floor to ceiling windows with great views of Drexel, UPenn and Downtown Philly, complete with cushioned window seats) that instantly put my wife and I at ease. Was traveling for fun this weekend but would certainly enjoy this space and experience after a long day of business meetings. The place seems completely designed to lower your blood pressure and help you to decompress!

Staff was friendly, helpful and very engaging. Lobby / gathering area has great art and artifacts from local museums to peruse as you enjoy the free gourmet coffee before starting your day. You are actually encouraged to come down, grab a drink and read in the neat little seating stations spread all over the welcome/ lounge area! The bar / restaurant (CoOp) has a great vibe and excellent food. Will absolutely stay here again when visiting Philly. I see that there are other locations so I will also look stay with this brand whenever possible. Excellent work, folks. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Len M,

What a fabulous experience to hear about! Thank you for sharing your time here at The Study at University City. I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed the hotel and explored our living room full of great artifacts from local museums. Please be sure to check out our New Haven location on the Yale campus and keep an eye out for Chicago currently in the works. Hope to see you again soon!

Coco G. - Front Office manager

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I would rate this hotel along with its eatery The Co-Op with 5 stars! It is echo friendly, simplistic friendly, and quite trendy! The restaurant, hotel lobby and guest rooms are very much pleasing to the eye! Definitely a place I would stay at again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StudyUCTeam, Front Office Manager at The Study at University City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Ed2515,

Thank you for taking the time to talk about your excellent stay. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Study experience and that you will be back again! See you soon!