1,814 results
All reviews city hall bank building club level superior room lobby bar beautiful hotel william penn beautiful lobby guest rooms high floor corner room this past weekend broad street street noise valet parking few blocks rittenhouse square
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Our family of four stayed at the Ritz Carlton Philadelphia for two nights while enjoying the sites of the city. Our room had a tremendous view of City Hall with abundant windows. The room was two double beds, which is expected in a major city hotel. The restroom had separate shower and bath facilities, both of which were sparkling.

Room service checked in on our stay multiple times and supplied coffee and water upon request. Very good service, to be expected of such a hotel.

The Ritz is walkable to the Reading Terminal Market, a must visit in Philadelphia. The weather was nice for our stay and affoaded the ability to walk to the historic sites as well. It's a bit of a hike, but our boys (10 and 8) had no problems with it.

The main lobby is gorgeous. While luxurious, our tourist family never felt out of place. A great stay in Philadelphia.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I was recently at this hotel on business. As I walked back into my room, I was faced with a massive drenching rain throughout my hotel room. This was not a drip. I was immediately drenched by this inside-the-room rain. Front desk response was slow and underwhelming. When I turned on the shower of this hotel room, the noise was so loud that I assumed everyone on the floor were awakened by the noise.
The overall experience leaves me with the impression that this hotel has a very old and under-maintained building (plumbing) that happens to have a Ritz Carlton as the name on the front.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Reza V
Meredith R, Director of Operations at The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Good day Reza V,

Thank you for being our recent guest and for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our commitment to provide the finest services and facilities and I can assure you we will work to improve in areas of need. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the opportunities you faced with the plumbing in your room. We hope to have you back again to provide you with the experience you have come to, and should expect from our brand.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here fir two nightss en-route to a wedding.
The hotel is beautifully decorated and is located in a great position.
Everywhere walkable.
We were asked on check in if we were in Philly for anything in particular.
Told them it was our 40th wedding anniversary and on entering our room, we were greeted by a lovely bowl of chic dipped strawberries.
A nice touch.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2018

As a Philadelphia (Center City) resident, I often refer friends to this hotel. I enjoy the lobby vibe, the restaurant, the bar.. It's my go-to place when meeting for drinks. Grand, comfortable and not the least bit stuffy. So when the water main broke on our street and I was forced out by the deluge, this was my first choice.

I feel as though the staff went above and beyond. They accepted my two dogs for the night, made accommodations for them, got me a comfortable room and great service. After a crazy day when everything was upside down, I was able to rest my head for eight hours of comfort and sleep. Great job on every front.

Room service was swift and delicious. Breakfast the following morning was great. A quiet night even with the hotel full. I will continue to recommend this place to everyone coming to Philadelphia.

P.S. I've been to the Spa on several occasions. Not to be missed.

Room Tip: The view of City Hall was beautiful and the rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank steve d
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I stayed at the Ritz recently as part of my College's Alumni Weekend. The hotel is located in the center of Center City - City Hall is right across the street. There is a SEPTA subway entrance right outside the hotel which gives you great access to the subway-surface and subway lines. This hotel is a converted bank and adjacent office building. My corner room overlooked City Hall tower. While the room size was a bit smaller compared to other Ritz Carlton's, it was well appointed. I appreciated the Nespresso machine and the flat screen tv with Netflix built in. I logged into my Netflix account on the tv.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a city hall view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends