“Sunny, Vibrant,Historical Philadelphia”

Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown
Ranked #18 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This hotel is well presented, and well located, a short walk to Rittenhouse Park and City Hall. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and very clean, with two Queen beds and a lovely bathroom with beautiful quality toiletries. Staff were friendly, helpful, courteous, and our room service waiter went the extra mile to try and provide extra milk, coffee for us as we had arrived at night. We did not try the Restaurants within the Hotel as they did not cater for coeliac/ wheat allergies, which was very disappointing. However, we enjoyed a really good coffee in the cafe style Restaurant. The Concierge was extremely knd, warm, helpful, and assisted us in finding Sims for our mobile phones, through to post ofices, Restaurants GF, and provided phone numbers, directions, maps for us. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Elizabeth, thank you for staying with us recently at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square, and for providing such helpful feedback about your stay. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our excellent location on the west side of Market Street in the heart of Center City, within easy walking distance from so many restaurants, shops, and attractions. Our guestrooms are recently redesigned, and offer a contemporary look and wonderful amenities, including the Poggesi bath products you referenced. We appreciate the feedback that our Concierge was so helpful with a variety of information that enhanced your visit. I apologize that neither Artbar nor Ruth's Chris Steakhouse offers suitable menu items that meet your dietary needs; I will meet with our culinary team to discuss suitable options for our next menu design. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and on behalf of my entire team, we look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit Philly! --Jordan C.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

First time in Philly, we were here for pleasure. Location could not of been better. Close to everything, and walking distance to outside dining. You do not have to go to Geno's or Pat's for a Cheese steak, they have them in walking distance and they are much better.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

John, thank you for the wonderful review score following your recent visit to Philly and your stay with us at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square! First time guests to the city are awed by the great restaurants--Philadelphia was recently named as one of the top cities in the U.S. for "foodies", the convenient downtown shopping choices, and of course by all of the fun attractions to visit, from the museum district to the historic district and so many fun neighborhoods in between. Please don't make this your first and only trip to the City of Brotherly Love--we would love to host you again for another fun visit! --Jordan C.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

You get what you expect from a 4-star hotel. Nice rooms, well equipped with everything that someone will need on a trip. Free coffee and tea in the room. And well insulated as well, you did not hear any noise from next-door room although there was a connecting door between us. We had a room with 2 queen sized beds. Very comfortable beds. Nice lobby, a bar and at least 2 restaurants. Very convenient location on the Market street which is full of shops and restaurants. If you are the walking type you will love this place, everything within walking distance. There is a swimming pool on one of the floors. We did not use it but we had a view of it from our room. I would ho back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback following your recent stay with us at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square! I'm glad that you enjoyed the stylish comfort of our recently redesigned guestroom, including the plush new bedding and linens. Our lobby level features Artbar, our restaurant and bar, as well as Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, a renowned national restaurant group. The hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Center City, within steps of iconic Rittenhouse Square and within easy walking distance to so many places to dine, shop and visit. Our rooftop outdoor pool is a huge hit for our guests, an oasis in the heart of the city, and you'll want to plan a dip in the pool during your next summertime visit. We certainly look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit Philadelphia! --Jordan C.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband visited Sonesta this past weekend for our 1 year anniversary. We had an amazing time nothing but relaxation, dinner and drinks you name it! What topped it off was our front desk experience with Keianna she was amazing. Recognized our stay was for our anniversary gave us a late checkout and complementary drinks at the bar. Nothing but smiles, we will definitely visit again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for spending your first anniversary with us at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square--happy anniversary and congratulations on this milestone, the first of many, many anniversaries to come! I'm so happy to read that Keianna delivered great service with a personal touch, and I will make sure to recognize her outstanding service and share her comments. We certainly look forward to hosting you both again soon for another great time in Philly! --Jordan C.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed her for 1 night during my long weekend in Philly. Wow! What a clean modern beautiful hotel. Shame breakfast wasn't included in room rate though!

However the big let down was my room. I specifically requested a quiet room at the time of booking and even mentioned it again when I checked in for early check-in.

The lady at the front desk promised me she would make sure my room would not be near a lift! She said she would upgrade me to a different room away from the lifts.

When I arrived back into the hotel I was shocked to realise my room was right by a lift.

I tried my hardest to fall asleep but being a very light sleeper it was very difficult. Very noisy with people talking loudly as they waited for lift etc. After 2 hours I called to complain and was given a room away from the lifts.

It was a huge inconvenience having to move again but I did get to sleep afterwards eventually.

I would highly recommend staying here as it's such a beautiful hotel. Loved the rooftop pool on 8th floor.Bar was very overly priced. Please just focus more on listening to your customers requests.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Linda, thank you for staying with us at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square and for sharing this detailed feedback about your experience, which will help us improve our service. I certainly apologize that we placed you in a guestroom near the elevator after promising you we would not do so. I am glad to know that we resolved the situation after you called down, but obviously we could have prevented the situation. As a result of your comments, we will now provide a floorplan for each guestroom corridor at the front desk so that our new team members can visualize where guestrooms are located prior to assigning room numbers to guests who have made special requests. I appreciate the warm comments about the new look and new vibe of our recently redesigned guestrooms as well as the modern look of the hotel! Our seasonal rooftop pool has certainly proven a big hit with our guests, and will remain open daily through Labor Day.

Thank you once again for letting us know that we missed an opportunity to provide better service, and we look forward to using this as an opportunity to provide more training and more resources for our front desk team. Please come see us again soon! --Jordan C.