“good hotel”

Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown
Ranked #18 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 September 2017

this hotel is in an excellent position on main st. the room was spacious and well equiped .
it was easy to walk around the historic area. there is a very good wine store 3 blocks to the right of the hotel, a sandwich shop and starbucks accross the rd. a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and side rd
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for the terrific rating of your recent stay with us at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square! I'm glad that you enjoyed your well-appointed, recently redesigned guestroom as well as the hotel's ideal setting in City Center Philly. The property is within easy walking distance to an exciting array of restaurants, shops, and world-class attractions. I'm delighted that you had a great stay, and I hope we have the opportunity to host you again soon! -Jordan C.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We were taken care of right from the beginning by a wonderful man working the desk named George. We stayed here right after our wedding, and could not have asked for a better experience at a better place! George was the perfect man to accomdate all our needs and describe vividly the outstanding attributes of the hotel. As wonderful as the trip was overall, George really helped take it to the next level!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased to read about the wonderful, personalized service exhibited by George, one of our hospitality superstars at the front desk, and I look forward to sharing your comments with him. Congratulations on your recent nuptials, and thank you for selecting Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square on your wedding night! I am glad that George helped set the tone for what was truly a memorable experience--I really appreciate that you took the time to let us know about the great service you both enjoyed! Please come back and see us again soon! -Jordan C.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I had a great stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia in a corner suite. I loved the city view and found the room to be comfortable and stylish. This hotel is in a prime spot to explore the city. Service was prompt and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square. I'm glad that you enjoyed a great stay, particularly the stylish comfort of your well-appointed, recently redesigned guestroom. We are indeed located in an ideal setting in the heart of Center City Philly, and an exciting array of shops, restaurants, and attractions are within easy walking distance. Our team strives to deliver personal service to each guest, and I'm happy to know that our service impressed you. We hope to host you again soon in Philly! -Jordan C.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

It's been 14 days still have not received a refund, called the accounting more than 5 times her name is carol she never answers or returns any of your messages. I never experienced this with any hotel. Usually takes 3 to 5 business days with any other hotel Ito get a refund or any other kind of hold on your account. I've been patient but 14 days!!?? There are so many other hotels in the vicinity to choose from, this kind of unprofessionalism made our decision easier for our next visit.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Michelle, I apologize for the unacceptable, frustrating service experience following your stay with us. After seeing your review, I've spoken with both Carol as well as our Director of Finance, and I trust that this matter has been successfully resolved since you posted your review. I hope you enjoyed your stay, and I completely understand your frustration that we did not call you back promptly. We will certainly use your comments as a training tool related to following up promptly with our guests, and demonstrate to the team the consequences if we fail to properly respond in a timely manner. I certainly hope you will consider staying with us again so that we have the opportunity to provide a better guest experience. -Jordan C.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I occasionally come to the Art Bar (located in the Sonesta) after work I normally get Tricia as my bar tender. She makes a mean martini! Her quick wit and charming personality make her a diamond in the rough.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for frequenting Artbar, our lobby restaurant and bar located right at the intersection of Market & 18th Streets in the heart of Philly on the lobby level of Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square. Tricia is one of our hospitality superstars, and I look forward to sharing your great feedback with her! Artar is an ideal setting not only for hotel guests, but for Center City office workers to stop in for lunch or after work since we are located right at a busy intersection with ample foot traffic. Many cutsomers of Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, also located on the hotel's lobby level, come to Artbar before or after dinner for affordable cocktails in our fun setting. Did you know we offer live entertainment during Thursday happy hour? We look forward to many more visits from you! -Jordan C.