“Good location, nice rooms”

Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown
Ranked #17 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 22 September 2017

The desk clerks, concierge and everyone is very helpful. the rooms are nice. Quiet. Comfortable. The location is great - good restaurant choices. Good place to stay if business takes you to the area. The room service did a good job - as I was ordering at a busy time.

Room Tip: My room was fine - away from the elevator and up near the top.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Rob, thank you for staying with us recently at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square. We have the ideal location and great amenities for business travelers. The hotel is located on the west side of Market Street in the hub of Center City, surrounded by hundreds of offices and headquarters. Our recently redesigned guestrooms offer complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, plenty of lighting and electrical outlets (and a USB port), a coffeemaker, and, of course, Room Service. We are steps from an exciting array of dining, shopping, and attractions as well. Thank you for sharing your experience with the business travel community--we hope to host you again the next time you visit Philly for business or leisure! -Jordan C.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is a modern hotel with an excellent mattress. I slept really well and found the bed extraordinarily comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and modern features. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Kimberly, thank you for the great feedback about your recent stay with us at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square! I'm glad that you enjoyed the new look and new vibe of our recently redesigned guestrooms, which offer modern amenities and plush new bedding and linens. Guests have raved about the comfort of our new beds, and many guests have ordered the same bedding for their homes! I'm pleased that the friendly, helpful service from our terrific team was another highlight of your stay. I look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit Philly! -Jordan C.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We had a great stay. The hotel is in a wonderful location, easy to get everywhere. They have a pool that is nothing special but was great to have it open at the end of September. The bar staff was very nice and friendly. The Concierge is amazing - very helpful, gave great recommendations!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you for staying with us recently at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks to the helpful, friendly service from our Concierge team, the hotel's iconic City Center location that makes it convenient to walk to so many wonderful places to dine, shop, and visit, and of course our seasonal rooftop outdoor pool. The unexpected warmth of late September allowed us to keep the pool open through the last weekend of the month, providing an oasis from the unusual warmth of early autumn. I hope you'll choose to stay with us again the next time you visit Philly! -Jordan C.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My third time at the Sonesta. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, great restaurant (Ruth Chris' Steakhouse), easy check-in and check-out., great internet connectivity, comfortable bed, very nice lounge.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square on three different occasions--we really appreciate our repeat guests! I'm especially glad that you've experienced a consistently wonderful experience during each of your stays, and s you've suggested, that experience results from the hotel boasting such a friendly, helpful team that is eager to drive guest satisfaction. We've recently completed a $35 million property renovation, and guests gave about the plush new bedding and linens in our guestrooms. We've also recently improved the speed and connectivity of our free Wi-Fi service, which connects up to 6 devices per guestroom; Sonesta Travel Pass members receive upgraded service with faster speeds and support for up to 10 different devices. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse opened on our lobby level in June 2016, and provides a delicious dining experience in a beautiful new space. On behalf of all of us at Sonesta, I look forward to hosting you many more times! -Jordan C.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I had nothing but problems from the beginning. The manager didn't do anything to resolve any of the issues, she had a very casual attitude about any of my concerns. The front woman Joy held 4 different amounts of transactions on our credit card and after she did that she said she couldn't release them. They totaled over $1500 which put me in a situation where I could not eat because of the hold on my card and we were traveling to Maryland the next day and my card did not get resolved for 7 days. The room was not ready at check in time and she told us we had to wait in the bar for an hour -- which we did. I had a $25 credit for being a Sonesta member, but she refused at check out to give it to me. When we got to our room, it was a handicapped room, which we did not request. The manager, Tianna, was also very unhelpful and said nothing could be done. We were also not told that valet parking was a requirement and she would not tell us how much the valet parking was going to cost per day until the end of our stay. I asked for their both supervisors and when I contacted Suzette, I had the same "we don't care" attitude. My room was pre-paid by my company and they seemed to be very confused about this issue too. Because we were in a handicapped room (which we did not request) there was one chair and a small unlit desk that I could not work at. My dress, which was floor length for one event, was wrinkled because the closet was half-sized due to the handicapped nature of the room. Internet was very slow.

1  Thank debrasL686RU

Dear Ms. Debra, Thank you for staying at Sonesta Philadelphia and I am so sorry to read your review. Our team does out utmost best to ensure all guests receive the warm and friendly service that Sonesta is known for and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Regarding the hold on your card, please know that at check-in, all our guests are required for an incidentals hold. This hold is set at $250 for security, as well for guest's convenience as it may cover any charges during the stay including possible charges from our in-house restaurant, Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Please know this hold is refundable at check-out and depending on the guest's bank, the guest will receive the returned funds within 7-10 business days if not sooner. Also please know the incidental hold and all parking costs are posted on our website, under "our hotel" and mentioned at check-in. We share this information as often as possible because we certainly don't want our guests to be surprised with any "hidden" fees. Although our hotel is frequently sold out, we do our best to provide the quickest access to the guestroom upon arrival. We do appreciate your patience as our housekeeping team is always working hard to ensure your room is perfect for our guests. We take great pride in our recent $30 million property upgrade as our guestrooms offer about 325 square feet on average, which is comparable to the typical size guestroom at other City Center properties. Please reach out to me directly as I'd love to discuss your experience further so we can make it up to you. I'd love to welcome you back as I'm confident you'll have a perfect stay. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and I look forward to hearing from you. Warm Regards, Jordan Cooper, General Manager, jmcooper@sonesta.com