1,698 results
All reviewsart barruth's chrisfront deskrooftop poolrittenhouse squarecity hallroom servicemarket streetwithin walking distancesuburban stationcity viewthe club loungewould highly recommend this hotelbed was comfortablebusiness triphotel is in a great locationhotel staff
Reviewed 20 July 2018

This review is loooooong overdue. My daughter and I checked into the Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown for 2 nights back in November 2017 following an 8 day hospital stay for her major spinal surgery. We were both exhausted, plus she was still in a fragile state from her surgery. To say that this hotel went above and beyond is an understatement. They happily added "extras" to our room to help with my daughter's comfort. Additionally, both the management staff and the house cleaning staff gave my daughter cards and small, inexpensive gifts. I was completely blown away by their customer service. Additionally we had our first "real dinner" (we had been eating hospital food for the last 8 days) at the Ruth's Chris Steak House located in the lobby of this hotel. We received the same excellent customer service there as well. The manager on duty sat us in a location that would be easy on my daughter's back and constantly checked on us during our meal. We truly enjoyed our 2 days here.

We are heading back to Philadelphia in a couple of weeks for a post-surgery check-up and you better believe that we are staying at the Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown and will be eating at the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. They treated us so well that we can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Stayed: November 2017
Bob C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your review. We hope that your daughter is on the road to recovery and pleased to hear with did our best while staying at the hotel. We truly pride ourselves on providing a "caring" culture and it's great to received reviews that support these claims.

We truly look forward to your upcoming stay. Don't forget to make your reservations at Sonesta.com

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Checked in on Sunday, July 15th and was welcomed with enthusiam by the staff at the front desk, particularly Myisha! I had been traveling for the last two weeks and her bright and cheering attitude was refreshing! She has a dynamic and friendly personality, her customer services skills are impeccable! I teach customer service to my high school students and it was delightful to meet a person of this caliber. Wise choice putting her as the first point of contact entering your hotel. She also upgraded my room upon request.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful and welcoming and very large.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank theresabadgett
Bob C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your review. We are so pleased to hear of your comments regarding our hotel and especially pleased to hear of your interaction with our staff. We pride ourselves on providing great hospitality and meeting guest expectations. You can rest assured that we will also recognize the staff member you mentioned and thank her for the hospitality she provided.

We do hope to see you soon in the near future. Please don't forget to make your reservations at Sonesta.com

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We only stayed one night but wished we could stay longer. This is a lovely, clean hotel in a very walkable neighborhood. The beds were super comfy, everything in the room was clean, the AC worked great (and wasn't too noisy). We had a package that included the parking so I can't speak to whether parking is overpriced. The only negative I have is that the walls are kind of thin, but honestly I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel that didn't have thin walls!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your review. We are so pleased to hear of your experiences during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on maintaining a "spotlessly clean and well maintained" hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travel brings you to Philadelphia.

Don't forget to make your reservations at Sonesta.com!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Small room. But very clean and nice.
I enjoyed my stay. Many restaurants in the area. Which unfortunately most of them Öse around 9 pm. But good variaty and you have to go see the sights. After all you are in Philadelphia.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that our hotel met your expectations. We would agree that our location is centrally located within many great restaurants. We hope that you will get a chance to come back to Philadelphia in the near future and stay with us again!

Don't forget to make your reservations at Sonesta.com

Reviewed 19 July 2018

We stayed at this hotel for five nights. The room was large, spotlessly clean. The location is excellent. Close to many restaurants and bars. I made use of the pool area and ate at breakfast the grab and go.

What makes this hotel in my opinion are the staff. Each and everyone of whom I came into contact were courteous, friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't get the name of the concierge. I believe he was a stand in for the regular lady. His restaurant recommendations were spot on. He also spent a lot of time with us figuring out the best method for us to travel onto NYC

Paul the doorman was a delight to deal with, he has a great knowledge of Philadelphia and was more than patient in fielding my many questions.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear of your stay with us and glad you were able to experience our services. What we love hearing the most about is the hospitality provided by our staff. We would agree that the staff members you mentioned are truly committed to making sure all guest needs are met. And in a lot of cases, exceeding expectations. You can rest assured that we will also recognize these staff members and thank them for their commitment to hospitality.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit at Sonesta Philadelphia!