Lowest prices for your stay
US$149
Hotels.comUS$149
PricelineUS$149
travelup.comUS$160
2,064 results
All reviews art bar front desk rittenhouse square room service center city within walking distance valet parking convenient location concierge elevator couch subway
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2021 via mobile

Our check in was the first warning. No welcoming message. None. Just a cold untrained person

My room assigned was the smallest in the hotel next to the elevator casing. I requested a change of room with the same person.
I was told that since in booked thru a third party , these were the rooms assigned to them. In other words discrimination for not booking direct.
The bathroom had a water leak that was never fixed. And the hallways and room decor are worn out. The only positive was a super bed and towels.
The staff needs training in customer service at all levels. Even the concierge never responded any of my questions and simply pointed to direct to the check in team I had already experienced.
I visit PHL constantly. Had never stayed at the Sonesta. I expected superior service at all levels like I used to stay at their Key Biscayne and Cambridge locations.
I have informed Priceline on the policies of this hotel when booked thru them

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Exeter2000
Management response:Responded 18 November 2021

Dear Exeter2000,

Thank you for your review and we're disappointed to read your comments. It can be confusing at times when guests book on 3rd Party websites expecting one thing and receiving something different. We do encourage all of our guests to go through our Brand website which is transparent on what our guests are purchasing. Your comments are taken seriously and we understand why you would feel the way you do. We apologize this is how your perceived the hotel and we'll work on ensuring we communicate more effectively in the future.

It's unfortunate that you experienced issues within your room and we would have moved you if there was another guest room to re-locate you to. Thank you again for your feedback and we'll take the proper measures to address.

Reviewed 16 November 2021

So I had a red eye flight and got into Philly really early. I was sooo thankful for an early check in at the hotel! Ladies at the front desk were very friendly. Room had comfy beds. Location was great. Close to everything. I will definitely stay here again. I really enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Nadine G
Management response:Responded 18 November 2021

Dear Nadine G,

Thank you for your review and choosing the Sonesta Philadelphia. We're so pleased to read your comments and will definitely share with the staff. We would agree that our beds are comfy and location is second to none.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon at the Sonesta Philadelphia!

Reviewed 4 November 2021

I stayed here from September 4-6. The bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Room was clean and beautiful. Staff was friendly expect one person, I was standing outside waiting for my ride for dinner when I felt a sharp pain in my back, I turned around and your employee opened the handicapped door and said I should not stand there because it handicapped and then proceeds to walk through that same handicapped door and went on the streets without an apology whatsoever even though I told him he hit me, he did not seem to care. I told the front desk and left a message on your corporate number and not a soul has contacted me. The three stars is for your employee who assaulted me

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 11 November 2021

Dear 975keshiaw,

Thank you for your review. We're so disappointed that the experience you mentioned in your review, altered your impression of the hotel. We truly apologize for the behavior of the staff member and will follow up with that individual.

Reviewed 10 October 2021 via mobile

Excellent location, an easy walk from bus station or train station. And the Philly Phlash tour bus ($2 but free for us old folks) stops right in front. Room was small, a petite queen they called it, but it was well-equipped, modern and clean. Just what we needed for one night. Would gladly stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hazellenblue
Management response:Responded 11 October 2021

Dear hazellenblue,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you utilized the Philly Phlash, especially knowing the stop is right out our front door. It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that your room was well-equipped and especially up to your cleaning standards.

We thank you for choosing the Sonesta Philadelphia. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2021

We were at Philadelphia for 1 night. When we booked the hotel I mentioned that I'm a light sleeper and asked for a room that is quiet. The staff was courteous and helpful. Our room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and I had a wonderful sleep. The hotel is conveniently located for sightseeing. The next time we go to Philadelphia, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank 16Musical
Management response:Responded 11 October 2021

Dear 16Musical,

Thank you for your review. We're so pleased to read that we were able to meet your needs when it came to getting a good night's rest. We would agree that our beds are very comfortable and glad it met your expectations.

Thanks for choosing the Sonesta Philadelphia. We hope to see you soon!