“Surprise”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

Went to see the Pope and got a blessing with this food. Excellent steak and the walnut crusted pork chop is to die for.

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

I have been going to The Grey Lodge for almost 10 years. I have always had a good time, good eats and good brews when I go there. The staff is always friendly and very engaging. The menu always changes but still keeps those fantastic mussels on there. Whenever I go out for a night in the Northeast, the Grey Lodge is my first choice.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

If you ever find yourself in NE Philly on vacation, ready for happy hour, or just plain thirsty for something cold and alcoholic, The Grey Lodge is there. They have a rotating list of 10-12 beers, some very hard to get. Friendly staff that will help find you the perfect mind soaking beverage. Food is pretty good as well!

Reviewed 7 May 2015

Our hiking group met here for a dinner and drinks before our evening hike, which was a walk over the Tacony Palmyra Bridge to New Jersey and back. Yes there are sports TV monitors around the bar. But it's a pretty homey place.
Our hiking leader choose it for all the unique craft beers. He especially seeks out an IPA beer called Green Flash made on the West Coast, and this beer is sold here.
The pub has no happy hour, which was a disappointment, but the food prices are reasonable, and there are lots of choices: hamburgers, cheesesteaks, vegetarian quesadillas, fries, tacos, and fried Brussel Sprouts with apples and walnuts. A varied menu which was unexpected.

There is a nice bar area upstairs, for a little more quiet. They had a long table so the ten of us could sit and dine together.
It was a surprisingly cool bar in this northeast area of town and the crowd, a younger group, were pretty animated. We began at 5:30 PM and by 7:00 PM the place was filling up.

Reviewed 10 April 2015

My husband and I like going to the Grey Lodge because it is close to our home. The food is decent and my husband likes to try new beers. The martinis aren't what I am used to so I always choose a twisted tea since I don't drink beer. It is a nice atmosphere when it is not crowded. I do not recommend going for Friday the 13th celebrations. My husband went to one with his brother-in-law and it was too crowded and the wait staff rushed them out of the upstairs without really servicing them once they got a table.