“Nice stay at Westin Philadelphia!”

The Westin Philadelphia
Ranked #22 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I stayed here for three days and was very pleased with this hotel, my room was large, spotless and had a great shower. I enjoyed the mix of modern and classic decor and being connected to the mall. My only suggestion to the hotel is to improve the restaurant & bar in the hotel, the service at the bar was lackluster (two different male bartenders) were not very talkative or friendly except to young female customers, and the food was mediocre for the price. Overall a good stay, minus the poor service and food quality at the bar.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jasmine F, Manager at The Westin Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Good Day Mike19782009,

Thank you for your most recent review of your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our amenities in our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding your dining experience. We will be sharing your comments with our team to ensure that these points are addressed in a timely manner.

Best Regards,
Westin Philadelphia Team

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Great location! Walking distance to many restaurants, stores and sites like City Hall, Reading Terminal Market and Rittenhouse Square. Hotel room was clean, had a comfortable bed and modern decor. I would definitely recommend it.

There were a few cons: one small free bottle of water - would have been nice if there were 2! We booked a superior king room with city view but our only view was the tall buildings all around the hotel. I called reception to ask if we were in the right room and she said there wasn't any rooms with a true city view because of the hotels location in between large buildings but we did face the atrium which was a nicer view. The last con for us was the hotel staff did not inform us that the train to the airport is not running for the month of August. We spoke to three different people and all of them told us it was about 15 minutes on the train. The staff at the train station said it's been on the news so hotel staff should be aware. There is a shuttle bus from 30th station but expect to take 40-45 minutes to get to the airport (also it runs about every 30 minutes which is something to be mindful of). We almost missed our plane but it was delayed over an hour so we actually made it!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jay D, General Manager at The Westin Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Liz C,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience, I truly appreciate your comments as they only enable the hotel to deliver even better service.

I am thrilled you had a great stay, I sincerely appreciate your comments and will share them with the team...they will be glad to hear they delivered an enjoyable experience for you. One of the great features of the Westin Philadelphia is the walking distance to so many great shopping, attractions, and restaurants.

At The Westin Philadelphia, all of our associates care deeply about our guest's experience and enjoy providing authentic hospitality. We truly value your business, and my goal is to do whatever I can to continue being your hotel of preference when you travel to Philadelphia.

If I can be of any personal assistance if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please contact me directly.

Again Liz C, I am grateful that you took the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel that is in walking distance to many Philly sites (Kimmel Center, One Liberty Observation Deck, Franklin Institute). It is conveniently attached to a small shopping mall.

Front desk was very friendly and efficient.

Rooms are clean, modern, spacious and nicely appointed. Waterfall shower heads made for a relaxing shower. Beds were comfortable. Very quiet -- we never even heard anyone and it was a busy weekend.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Julie K,

Again Julie K, I am grateful that you took the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

WOW! The Westin hotel exceeded all of our expectations. Beautiful room on the 6th floor, huge bathroom with a fabulous rain shower. Our room was comfortable, clean with a very nice view! The location was wonderful with so much within walking distance.

I must add the entire staff was wonderful...friendly and helpful. However, I must bring to your attention, one particular staff member who greeted us when we arrived and took care us of the entire weekend. Your valet by the name of Jamil. Jamil far exceeded his duties and went above and beyond to make sure our weekend was perfect. He pointed us in all the right directions with his recommendations for restaurants, sight seeing idea's, groceries, etc. His smile and laugh are infectious and we immediately felt right at home. Jamil is #1 in my book. Thank you Jamil for making our weekend so wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caeisele98

Dear Caeisele98,

Again Caeisele98, I am grateful that you took the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We took the Septa train in from West Trenton and got off at Suburban Station, (only 3 blocks away) so didn't have to worry about parking and driving...relaxing! The Westin was very nice and right in the middle of everything. We walked to Rittenhouse Square and over to South Street and also to Reading Market. The room was spotless and I have to give a shout out to Jasmine, she put us on the top floor in the "high rent district". Thanks Jasmine! We liked the blackout shades in the room and the complimentary flavored water in the lobby area, tasty without calories! We got a good rate just before the 4th of July so all worked out well. We would not hesitate to return to this upscale and quiet Westin!

Room Tip: We liked the top floor for the view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BIGDAVE57

Dear BIGDAVE57,

Again BIGDAVE57, I am grateful that you took the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.