“Clean, cozy hotel with a room that felt like an actual bedroom”

Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here January 2011 for our anniversary, using credit card points. When we first started up the stairs to our floor we weren't sure what to expect, but we were extremely surprised as soon as we entered the room. Nicely decorated, very clean, comfortable bed, and a small gas insert fireplace that didn't produce any heat, but was a nice touch to the room. The bathroom was amazing, especially the shower - very modern. We had a complimentary glass of wine in the lobby/parlor area before heading out to dinner. The hotel was within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping. We drove to Philly and parked our car across the street in a reasonably priced lot. We just celebrated another anniversary in Philly and wanted to stay here again, but unfortunately we couldn't use credit card points and the room rate was more than we wanted to pay.

Room Tip: The elevator situation is a bit strange, since it's essentially renovated brownstones connected...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I don't get much say in where our corporate travel books me when I travel. I have never before sent the woman responsible for booking our accommodations an email to thank her for where she had me stay... until now!

What a lovely gem of a B&B in the center of Philadelphia!

The accommodations were very well maintained and the staff was so friendly. From registering and getting to partake of the wine reception before being escorted to my room, to great dinner recommendations and a very inexpensive recommendation for a garage in which to park my car, I cannot begin to say how much I appreciated the attention to every detail.

When I returned from dinner, my bed was turned down with a chocolate on my pillow and a bottle of water next to my bed. The next morning, continental breakfast was complimentary and the women running this cafe were very friendly and accommodating.

I will definitely be recommending this hotel to my friends. It was one of the most comfortable and quiet places I have ever stayed.

I didn't want to leave for my meetings when morning came.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for a night and loved it. The room was generous in size, clean (NO BEDBUGS!) and the service was top notch. The oversized bathroom had an overhead rainfall shower head and was the caliber of some high-end spa showers. The staff were amazing and were eager to help in anyway that they could. This is our new "home base" in Philly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Hotel is quaint. Feels like your own home/apartment. Decor is old school charm but clean and new. Bathrooms are clean with great products :) Staff is really friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This hotel is Philly's best kept secret. From the welcoming email one week prior from the concierge to the delicious cookies on our way out the door, this hotel is very special . The rooms are sparkly clean, roomy and tastefully decorated. The homemade breakfast and fresh squeezed juice was delicious. We enjoyed the wine reception with the rest of the wonderful guests. Terrific linens, delightful staff and attention to details made this one of our favorite places to stay in Philly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple