All reviews valet parking shuttle service complimentary breakfast home away from home pull out sofa an extended stay living room full kitchen walnut street would definitely stay here again few blocks front desk staff i highly recommend this hotel nice stay indoor pool fitness center business center
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Taking advantage of our extended summer, we took a weekend trip to Philly to visit area college campuses and found this Homewood Suites located next to UPenn and Drexel. Try this brand new hotel with large efficiency rooms, secured parking ($39/night), breakfast, and near restaurants; shops and a grocery store all for half the price of downtown lodging! You trade off a ten minute drive for hundreds of dollars. The hotel was safe, clean, and modern with a friendly staff. An added benefit is the ability to walk, day or night, in the surrounding neighborhoods and campus due to the large number of UPenn security on foot and bike patrol! Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank RockyFingerLakes
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We needed to be in Philadelphia for an extended period of time as my husband was receiving surgical treatment for tonsil cancer at the U Penn hospital. The hotel location is great, a little under a mile to the hospital. The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the hospital (and other locations) which is very convenient. It is also an easy & safe walk in my experience, lots of college kids out and about at all times between the hotel and hospital. There are plenty of restaurants in the area within walking distance and also a grocery store and CVS a block away. We had a king suite with full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and stove. It came in handy to have 2 TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen/living area. The room was very clean and everything looked fairly new. The kitchen sink was a little slow draining but not a big deal. Bathroom was nice and big. We did not take advantage of the gym or pool but they looked nice and clean. I used the business office once to print some documents which was very convenient. The lobby is inviting with the fireplace and many areas of seating. They have breakfast every day and Monday-Thursday evenings there is some different type of food in the dining area.
From the time we arrived we were well taken care of by the wonderful and caring staff. Alisha at the front desk always had a warm welcome for us whenever we saw her and when we had a medical recliner delivered she offered to have furniture removed from the room if needed to accommodate it. We needed to extend our stay 3 times which Felicia and the manager (did not get his name) made easy for us and even kept us at the same rate!
When my husband was discharged from the hospital I called and asked to have the shuttle come and pick us up. By the time we got to the ground floor and into the shuttle my husband wasn't feeling too great and asked Wayne the driver to please take it easy on the way back to the hotel. Wayne gave us the best ride possible, taking it slow and going a slightly different route to avoid some of the bumpier streets. It meant a lot that he cared enough to do that. Along with Wayne there was Tyrone and April who drove me back and forth to the hospital when I didn't want to walk and they were also good drivers and very interesting people to talk with.
Elaine, the sweet lady who cleaned our room, was always so upbeat and kind. She would remember to put 3 bath mats in the bathroom after my husband asked just one time and she would say to my husband "where's my smile today?". Just a very nice person.
We were there for almost a month and while it was a difficult time for us I am so glad we chose Homewood Suites as our home away from home and very grateful to the staff for making that difficult time in our lives a little better. Thank you to Alisha, Felicia, Elaine, Wayne, Tyrone, April and the manager for your professionalism and kindness. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MistyC23
Paul D, General Manager at Homewood Suites University City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Dear MistyC23,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that the staff was able to make your time here more pleasant.

Paul

Reviewed 14 December 2015

These rooms are spectacular for the price. Large with a living room and kitchenette
The hotel architecture is really pretty, modern and well cared for. There's a great, small, clean gym across from the lobby that's open 24 hours. I had issues with a shower curtain, and they had it fixed by the time I had returned for the evening from work.

It's close to a couple of great restaurants and a killer coffee shop. Free Wifi. The breakfast had plenty, but I didn't find it that great tasting. If you're in a hurry, it's fine and that's the only knock I have against the hotel. The people were polite, professional and responsive.

Room Tip: The rooms are all about the same. It's in campus area with no real skyline's to view.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2015

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the first week in December, 2015. It was our first time here as we were here for a follow-up appointment for my daughter. I can tell you that our stay was great. Excellent hotel, very accommodating, the staff was very helpful at all times. There are shops, and the transportation is great. Very convenient and I would stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank SueQ10
Reviewed 9 December 2015

The suite was spotlessly clean, pleasantly spacious, and with sensible amenities. Superb, kind-hearted staff made it better than any other hotels I have ever stayed. I was on university business, and the location was excellent (about 5-minute walk), while being close to the airport (20-minute cab ride, $30 flat rate).

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Oh Y

Dear Oh Y,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that our staff made you feel at home.

Paul