“Wonderful Breakfast Sandwich”
Review of Cafe Ole

Cafe Ole
Ranked #214 of 5,098 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We popped in to grab a quick bite to eat before heading out of town. It is a beautiful little cafe that reminds you of something you'd find in Europe. I had a cappucino and a breakfast sandwich on a croissant. The service was very quick and did not disappoint. I will definitely be back! The restaurant doesn't have a lot of seating, but ordering your food to go is very easy and there are plenty of places around the city where you can sit and enjoy the delicious food. Beautiful little gem in the city!!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Food is great and service is super friendly in this very cozy and sweet Israeli cafe. There is outside seating, inside is tight, but ordering and service very efficient. It is in touristy area, but has neighborhood feel. Crepes are delicious. Did not try shakshuka, but looked top notch. Would give 5 stars if not for overcrowding.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Fresh and imaginative sandwiches, soup and hot dishes on sale. Grabbed a European cheese sandwich which was toasted and delicious! Spinach, feta, kalamata olives, mushrooms and a melting cheese...YUM! Friend had Brie and cranberries on raisin bread which she enjoyed. Excellent coffees. We shared a lemon drizzle muffin. Sat in the sunshine by the window surrounded by people using the wifi. They even have a printer in the corner. Israeli music playing. Good atmosphere slightly jealardised for me by a small trapped bird flying around inside which unnerves me. Very good place for lunch and the breakfast menu looked good too. Recommended. Nice staff.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

My son was hungry, so after visiting Fireman's Hall, and Elfreth Alley, we followed our nose and eyes, and stopped at the first place we came to, which happened to be Cafe Ole. The name sounds Spanish, the physical location was a neighborhood cafe in a quiet section of historic Philadelphia, but inside, I could have been in Israel (which I absolutely LOVED!). Hebrew music was playing for part of the time, Hamzas from Israel decorated one of the walls, there was a brochure for the upcoming Israeli film festival (taking place in Philly), and the menu is middle eastern, though I saw no mention that it was kosher. Inside it was light, bright, and cozy. I loved it, and would have love to have come back if we had had time! The hummus was a little different than I've tasted, the pita was delicious, and the Israeli salad was very good. Everything else looked good, but that's all we tried.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We went for breakfast several days in a row. Go here for coffee instead of across the street to Starbucks. Great cappuccino, real hot chocolate, nice chai choices.

Almond and chocolate croissants scrumptious. Same with the egg and cheese croissant sandwich and everything we saw others eating around us. Waffles with berries! Some really interesting combinations- check my photos of the menu. If we had been in the area we would have enjoyed lunch here.

Relaxed bohemian interior with outside seating. Friendly staff. You order at the counter and take it to your seat or take out.

20-30 tip included for 3.

Delicious!