“Out of this world milkshakes!”
Review of Nifty Fifty's

Nifty Fifty's
Ranked #423 of 4,690 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We came to Nifty Fifty's on a Saturday before we headed to the Philadelphia Flower Show and it was nothing less than amazing! We arrived at about 5:00 pm and was seated about 30-45 minutes later. It was a long wait but well worth it! There was plenty of families with kids but we didn't mind it at all. My husband ordered the pina colada milkshake and a cotton candy soda with a Philly cheesesteak. I ordered a cheeseburger with a cotton candy milkshake and a bubble gum soda. We shared an order of spicy fries and onion rings. Every single thing was UH-MAZING! The milkshakes were out of this world, the sodas were delicious and I was highly satisfied with my burger! My husband was surprisingly pleased at how good his cheesesteak was. The fries were just okay in our opinion but you can tell they are definitely homemade. If your looking for a fun kid friendly place to try, this is a must!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I ate here twice during my eight day work trip to Philly. Delicious soda. Cannot say enough about how delicious the vanilla Cola was. I ate plain fries, and a plain bacon cheeseburger both times. Service was always fast, friendly, and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Ate Sunday Morning Breakfast here and was not disappointed. After queuing for 30 minutes to get in, we were seated and the service began. We were offered drinks, then our breakfast order was taken, and as strangers in a strange town, we had to have certain things about the menu explained to us - which was done with humour and politeness. The food arrived and it was superb - everything you'd expect from a 50's themed diner. Indeed, the whole experience is excellent - a bit like being in Al's in Happy Days - the music, the milkshakes, the waitresses....If you're looking for a real slice of Americana/nostalgia for how things use to be, then this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Nifty Fiftys has been a favourite of mine, for burgers and shakes for many years, but on this visit to Philly, we had the chance to stop in for breakie.

Once again, we were not disappointed !

A veggie omelette big enough for two, hash browns (with onions), and a coffee leaves you full and able to skip lunch. The omelette was great, very flavour-able. The hash browns were made to perfection.

The food is great, the service is friendly, experienced and professional. I would recommend Nifty Fiftys to anyone visiting NE Philly.

2  Thank RescueTeam
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This our first time visiting the location and we were impressed... food was very good... it didn't took a long time to get it and it was fresh... the place was packed, but the staff was very organized, friendly and clean... going back for seconds :-)