“Great place on South”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Cross street: Second Street
Description: Neighborhood hotspot and family business Bridget Foy's has been delighting patrons with its tantalizing take on modern American cuisine for more than three decades. Since the recent appointment of Executive Chef Daniel James, the menu has incorporated a number of exciting additions alongside perennial favorites like the Standard Burger, which can be personalized to taste with a variety of toppings, from fried onions to a fried egg. The lively bar is a welcome place to sample a rotating selection of local microbrews on draft, build your own Bloody Mary during brunch, or sip on a winter warmer during the cooler months. Alternately, summer in the city is best experienced over a leisurely meal in Bridget Foy's legendary outdoor café - the perfect perch for people watching among the hustle and bustle of one of Philadelphia's most vibrant districts.
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Used to frequent with the wife when we were dating, went back for the same dishes and found it to be pretty much the same, good eats!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We found this place by chance, and so glad we did. Stayed in Philly over Easter weekend. We were walking around and decided to have dinner.

We were seated immediately, as the dinner rush had not hit yet. My daughter ordered a pizza off the kids menu, we ordered wings appetizer, my husband had a burger, and I had steak frites.

The wings were amazing. The sauce was spicy, but not over the top. I'm not one for heat, but I could practically lick the plate. The meat fell off the bone. My husband's burger was delicious. It was slightly overcooked (he ordered a medium rare), however he still loved it. My steak was slightly underdone, but was still great! My daughter ate a little more than half, of her personal pizza, and hubby and I finished it (it was yummy too).

No complaints about this place. Service was great, food was good, and we were able to get in and out- no hassle. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Quaint Little Restaurant tucked away on the end of South Street. The food was delicious and the wait staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Recently sat outside on a sunny afternoon for lunch . There were 5 of us. Food was ok but a bit overpriced for what you got . I had the fish tacos and they were very small and came 3 to a portion but were tasty . Two members in our party had the crab macaroni and cheese and had very little crab and was very lacking in flavor . My nephew had a burger with bacon that was very undercooked . I might stop here for a beer and appetizer on a nice day but wouldn't do lunch again .

1  Thank Christel B
Reviewed 10 April 2017

The burgers are the best and the vegetarian burger is one of the best I've ever had. Beware of the fish tacos though... My husband always orders fish tacos whenever they are on the menu. Typically, there are 2-3 full "taco" size tortillas, but this serving was barely an appetizer. (It was our bad; we should have sent them back and requested something else.) The staff is always friendly and attentive, but not overly so. Bridget Foy's is usually busy, but I have never felt rushed. Great place for people watching while enjoying great food.