“Cute and delicious”
Review of Lolita

Lolita
Reserve with OpenTable
Lolita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 4,671 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 6 February 2018

After a meeting we wanted margaritasssss, so we walked from out hotel and stumbled upon Lolita. The server was great and made all the best recommendations. Here is what we had:

Pork belly tostadas - my FAVE
Plantains with crema
Queso fundido with chorizo
Toritilla soup
Fried chicken tacos
Paloma margarita
Cucumber margarita

Needless to say, we were STUFFED. No room for dessert even though we wanted to try. With a bite of everything, I would say this place is a gem. Food is A1, service is amazing and atmosphere is perfect.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

TripAdvisor will tell you that the #1 Mexican place in the city is the one across the street. How they reach that conclusion is beyond me. I’ve been at both, and Lolita is the best by far.
Amazing service. Delicious food with character and integrity. Hard working people doing everything they can to make you happy.
This is the place to go.
Get a table by the kitchen bar. And you’ll see for yourself all the amazing dishes these guys prepare.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here for restaurant week. The food was amazing! And their margarita pitcher was perfect for dinner. Their tiramisu was delicious as well!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We went for lunch during restaurant week and used the restaurant week menu. We had the incredible chopped salad and the tacos as well as the veggie Burrito, My chicken dish was perfect taste/color/texture and I loved the sweet potatoe sopa. Deserts at the table ranged from sorbet to tiramisu and of course the classic tres leche cake. We were all happy with our fare.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

The food here looks great. Fresh ingredients, nicely put together on the plate. But the flavours did not rock my world. I've had better guacamole, and I've had better chicken enchiladas, some of them in less expensive restaurants. The classic margarita was also good, perhaps the best thing I had during this meal. I also tried the Michelada, but again, not nearly the best I've ever had. There was also a somewhat minor service lapse. My margarita ran out just as my main course arrived; the delivery person (wasn't my server) plopped down my plate but then turned quickly and marched away around just as I was about to ask for another drink. Then it took another five minutes plus for me to catch the attention of someone to take my drink order. By then, I was about half way through my main course. To be fair, I did have a whole bottle of water, and my table was at an edge of the room by the window, so not exactly on the normal traffic path of the server. And the wait was not that long. And everyone was friendly. So not terrible service. Overall, I liked this place, but I had high expectations, and they weren't quite met.