“Lots to see”

Reading Terminal Market
Ranked #2 of 104 Dessert in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Lots of great venues to shop or grab a bite to eat. Overwhelming really. Great prices on fresh fish, meats, and produce with a variety of shops throughout.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,541)

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

So much food variety here. Our hotel was close by and we had at least one meal here per day. At the end of the day the cookie store sells their remaining cookies for $1 each within the last hour of trading.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This was my first time at Reading Terminal Market and I see myself visiting every time I pick up or drop off someone at the airport. I read many reviews first to come up with a game plan of where to eat and we decided on Dinic's, Carmen's, and Beiler's. At Dinic's of course we had to try the pork sandwich with broccoli rabe. It was very good, I'm not sure it was the "best sandwich in America" but generously portioned and good flavor, although I thought it was slightly dry and could have used some mayo. At Carmen's I ordered the Meat Lovers cheesesteak with extra cheese, sweet peppers, grilled onions and mushrooms... this was a $15.00 cheesesteak! Also, very good, average portion, good roll, not the best I have ever had, but very good. But the place that absolutely lived up to the hype was Beiler's donuts...long line but I would have waited twice as long, we ordered a dozen for about $13.50 ( which I thought was a decent price) the box weighed about 5 pounds! You cant go wrong with the fritters, we ordered apple and blueberry and both were excellent. My favorite was probably the coconut custard...I am still dreaming about it. I am just glad I don't live closer because I would be there often... too often for my own good. I also want to mention that although all these places had lines, they moved quickly and the staff were very friendly. My plan is to return and try something different every time...and end the trip with a dozen or so of the most amazing donuts ever. One tip, if you are parking in the lot make sure to get your ticket validated and its only $4.00 for 2 hours!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

A culinary adventure! No visit to Philadelphia is complete without going to the Reading Terminal. There is a broad array of fresh meats, seafood, veggies , cheeses and spices but it also has delicious prepared food! Whether you are in the mood for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a good cup of coffee and dessert this is the place! There is also a Pennsylvania wine shop and several artisans booths for kitchen wares, handmade jewelry or French linens. This is a place for the curious and the hungry!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The hustle and bustle of it all. You are hit with a sweet savory smell when you first open the doors. Everything from fresh flowers, meat, cakes, oils, food etc. My favorite the spice store. I love to cook so when ever I come here I get so excited.