“Excellent Ice Cream”

Franklin Fountain
Ranked #6 of 109 Dessert in Philadelphia
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The Franklin Fountain aims to serve an experience steeped in ideals, drizzled with drollery, and sprinkled with the forgotten flavors of the American past.
Reviewed 10 February 2017

Pricey ice cream but at least it was good ice cream. 2 small cones were $5 and $7 dollars (2 bucks extra for a waffle cone). My wife tried the Hydrox, which I believe is a signature flavor. I tried the pumpkin because it was October. Both good but I probably would not be a regular if I lived there.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

I especially enjoyed and appreciated their ImPeach Sundai. Ice cream as it should be. Prepare for lines but worth it.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Sorry to disappoint its fans, but I don't really get it. It's decent ice cream and ice cream creations wrapped up in hipster dressing and presentation at crazy-high prices. 5 bucks for an egg cream? $15 for a bana split? Nothing was omg I need to get back here good that I need to pay those prices. At a 25% discount it would prob get an "average" from me and at a 50% a very good...maybe. Sorry.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed the experience at the Franklin fountain so much. The root beer was homemade and so was the ice cream. It was the best route beer float we've ever had.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We just got settled in our hotel and soon after opted to go out for a treat...I looked up desserts near by and this place showed up with vast reviews.

It was cute...small...the ice cream it self left much to be desired. I have had much better....the pistachio ice cream was more peanut butter flavored than I think ought to be. The strawberry ice cream wasn't as flavorful.

To my kids and I.....we could have gone elsewhere for better ice cream!