“Very Satisfied”

AKA Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #57 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 July 2017

First time in Philadelphia to visit a family member who was doing an internship there. We were very happy with our stay. We had the king bed, fully living room, and full kitchen. It was clean and nearly new. Quite, nice view of the park and front desk staff very helpful.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor and room was very quiet at night
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ZippyIndialantic

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I loved my stay at the hotel. We had a one room suite which was spacious. The location of the hotel is perfect. It's in the middle of restaurants, cafes and shopping. There is a park near by..staff very friendly and accommodating. There is a small gym which was perfect for my needs. A bigger gym and pool r available at another hotel but didn't need that.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
managementakars, General Manager at AKA Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear RHagras:

Thank you for the fantastic feedback on your recent experience at the AKA Rittenhouse Square. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations and beautiful Rittenhouse Square park. Our location is the best in Philadelphia which makes it easy to enjoy our beautiful city and all it has to offer. We look forward to hosting you at AKA Rittenhouse on your next visit to Philadelphia.

Best,
Lori Coopersmith
Managing Director

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Great location, Rittenhouse Square. Walking distance to everywhere. Parking is a separate building but not very close to the hotel, did not get any dings. Kitchen was bigger than usual and TV area was small. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very small. Overall good hotel and clean.

Room Tip: small bathrooms, good size room. full kitchen, very clean
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear DGenerNYC -

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay at the AKA Rittenhouse Square and completing a TripAdvisor review. I am pleased to to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay. Next time you are in Philadelphia we hope you will experience another one of our suites. We have a number of different suite layouts that offer a larger TV area and bathroom. Please feel free to reach out to us prior to booking so we can review the option that would best suite you at the AKA Rittenhouse Square. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Lori Coopersmith
Managing Director
AKA Rittenhouse Square

Reviewed 29 May 2017

A few days before my arrival, the staff of AKA contacted me by phone just to confirm my reservation and then to see if I had any special requests. I really didn't, so they mentioned some options (e.g. picking up groceries and putting them in my fridge before my arrival). Although I didn't take advantage of this, I really appreciated the inquiry and their genuine interest in making my stay great...but ultimately, I had to cancel my trip to Philadelphia. When I contacted AKA, they were completely gracious and helpful. So although I haven't had the pleasure of staying there, AKA Rittenhouse Square is my new Philadelphia destination. These folks really "get" service. Thanks, AKA!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Stayed one night at the AKA Rittenhouse in one of the Studio rooms - basically a medium sized room with a kitchentte. My room was not ready on arrival (which I always find very irritating after a journey) - although they were apologetic and offered me a drink at the bar which was nice. Front desk staff were very welcoming. The room was looking a little sad - beat up furniture etc. and the bath was TINY. My room faced the street and had "City Windows" to protect from noise which was a plus - although because they are locked you can't open the windows for fresh air. The bed was comfortable. In its favor, I should mention that the location is excellent. Right off Rittenhouse square and close to shops and restaurants. I'd say book it if you get a good price and you value having your own kitchen - this isn't really the place for a romantic getaway or a luxury experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business