“Perfect brunch spot!”

Little Spoon Cafe
Ranked #372 of 4,670 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

We live close by and have never stopped in - very glad we finally made a point to get "brunch" here yesterday. At around noon on a Sunday we did have to wait maybe 10-15 minutes for a table for 2 - no big! The place is pretty small. They do have some outdoor seating but not a ton. We sat inside, but the windows and doors were open so it was almost like being outside!

We each ordered a smoothie (peanut butter for me, sunshine for him) and a meal (avocado toast for me, lox and bagel sandwich for him). Everything was delicious. We ended up only finishing half of our meals and taking the rest to go for later.

Service was great. The owner, or at least someone very involved in the business, stopped by because she saw us admiring the one wall that was chiseled with some test tube flowers hanging in it. Apparently that was all hand-chiseled, and she pointed out a deer and a rabbit (and even an accidental poop emoji) in the design.

Very cool place - I will absolutely be back for some quick morning smoothies and we will definitely be back for a meal very soon!

** They do not accept AMEX but otherwise they do take cash or credit and they are BYOB if you want to have some bloody mary's or mimosas with your brunch! **

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

This is a well run corner neighborhood spot. Friendly staff, and good food not too ambitious but very tasty. Lunch was great, especially the pork. Breakfast looked good as well.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

This is a darling cafe! The food is yummy! The employees smiling & friendly. The BLT was a fun breakfast. Would definitely return & recommend this cute cafe!

Reviewed 18 December 2014

My friends and I were staying in the area and headed to Little Spoon Cafe for breakfast on a Saturday morning. My eggs and potatoes were delicious. My friend ordered the biscuits and gravy and didn't love it so much. They gave her long strips of pork belly instead of small pieces, which looked really unappetizing. She did like the biscuits and gravy minus the meat though.

Reviewed 5 December 2014

Can I grilled cheese sandwich be fun and interesting? YES! This little restaurant, outfitted in repurposed and vintage finds, offers eye-candy everywhere, and has a great vibe. The simple, wonderful food has made me return multiple times. A great breakfast and lunch spot, as well as weekend brunches--I've tried them all. Each of their entrée offerings has a unique twist--not your mom's recipes, but ricotta pancakes with lemon curd, or a brisket sandwich with a pickled slaw topping, for example. The prices are reasonable, and I look forward to returning again and again for a little fun and a lot of great eating.