“Helpful people”

Courtyard West Orange
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We were there for a wedding, and although we usually like to be on a higher floor, we didn't ask to change because the hotel was filling up with wedding guests. Room was average size and very clean. Bed was very comfortable. We got something to eat, and went outside to enjoy the weather and got locked out, but someone came to our rescue immediately when we called on the phone.
We carelessly left our hanging clothes packed up in the closet, and when I called when we got home, I was told to call back in the morning. However, since there was a suit and an almost new dress, I was concerned and asked that they check immediately to see if they were there. They told me they were. When I called in the AM to give credit card for shipment home, Val told me she had also checked us in. Clothes came as promised. Thank you very much!

Room Tip: Some rooms had patios. Ours was on the ground floor, side of the hotel and did not.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear babasusan,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your items were returned as promised. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area, you will once again stay with us. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Nice quiet hotel. Rooms are clean and fresh. Bathroom is large. Lobby quite large with plenty of seating. There is a little bistro in lobby, best sandwich I have had in a long time. Plus staff was very accommodating. Will stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MyAkitaBear
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at the Courtyard West Orange on a business trip.
The attendant At the front desk when I checked in so wonderful- great customer service!
The room was a large sized room. It was complete with a coffee maker, iron and hair dryer. The room was cleaned well every day and I had no complaints. Free WI-FI throughout the hotel!
The Bistro in the lobby had ok food. The evening I ordered a turkey blt and it was just ok. I did order coffee one morning and again it was just ok. The Bistro doesn't open until 6:30am every morning, so if you need to be out sooner- the Bistro is not the place for breakfast. There is a Panera Bread in the shopping area that is open early.
I did have an issue upon check out, where my credit card was charged as opposed to being charged to my company. The desk attendant told me the manager would rectify and she would email me a new receipt. This was completed before noon the same day...that is great customer service!
All in all, for a business trip it was a good hotel for the stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear MARIESTEIN,

Thank you for your review! We are always appreciative when guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad that we were able to correct your billing issue quickly. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area, you will be staying with us again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

First thing we noticed was that the halls smelled fresh and clean. Room was clean and comfortable and staff was friendly. $7 uber to the Orange train station. A limited number of dining options are within walking distance as is a grocery store.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review. We hope that when you return to the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We stayed here this past weekend for a family event. There were about 20 of us that stayed at the hotel. This is a typical courtyard hotel. The lobby and room layout on this is typical of other courtyard hotels. The room was decent sized and the bathroom was relatively clean. There is a small frig in the room which was great. The beds were comfortable. They need larger linens, comforters barely cover bed and do not cover 2 people per bed. I woke up freezing every morning. There are no cots available at this property. There is no free breakfast downstairs nor is there a breakfast buffet available for purchase. They have a small restaurant which we utilized several times as we were without a car. Dinner both nights was surprisingly decent food and well organized. Breakfast however was very chaotic. The staff, even though there were 4 of them, are not equipped to provide breakfast. They messed up our order, giving us multiple items we did not order and not giving us items we did order. The girls running the breakfast were very poorly trained or just ill prepared for a group of people. Because of this, we were late to our event. One other thing to note is that Uber does not provide correct directions to this location. So, if you plan on ubering, you will need to call the driver and explain to him how to find you. We waited over an hour for Ubers both days because the directions provided were faulty. The front desk staff was average. They seemed nice the first day but then seemed bothered by us that we were congregating in the lobby at night and became rude. We had a large group so maybe they weren't used to that? Not sure if they need additional training in customer service as well. The WIFI was okay. We did not use the gym or inside pool although i did see it. The insulation between rooms was decent and we were not awakened by noisy people so that was a plus. All in all not a bad hotel, just need to work on some training with the employees on customer service and also the cafe staff.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear ncbeachmomof2,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Orange
9.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk
11.9 km away
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport

Been to Courtyard West Orange? Share your experiences!