All reviewsseton hallpanera breadroom was cleannice courtyardsnow stormstarbucks coffeehot tubone night stayindoor poolparking lotupon checkbusiness tripoatmealbistrolobbydesklorraine
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My title says it all, it's how I feel and when it comes to making a decision on where to stay, it's a decision maker for me. It's nice to be able to wake up and eat and go on with your day and not have to think about where to eat. I like the trend in providing an included in the price breakfast. I could have paid for it for an additional price here at Courtyard but then I thought, I'll just go somewhere else and get what I want if I have to pay for it, so I did.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear 333meg,

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback from guests like yourself. While we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, our Bistro does have a number of offerings at reasonable prices plus Starbucks coffee. We do not offer microwaves in our rooms at this time but we do have one for use in our Market in the lobby. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here 5 nights with my hubby and 2 kids under 6. We liked it. The room was spacious and had everything we needed, the location was perfect when I had cabin fever or just needed some entertainment ( amc is a 3 min walk). There were no disturbances or unpleasant episodes. I didn't interact much with the staff but they were just ok. We will come again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Jae B,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

After leaving a "Bates" Hotel the night before, this place was Eden. Hotel staff was friendly, helpful and made us feel very welcome. House keeping was immaculate! Valerie at the front desk deserves a raise. Very convenient location for North Jesery and NYC. Price is high but hey NY/NJ. Strong recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear pmfh012264,

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate it when guests let us know how we are doing. We are glad that you were able to put the previous night out of your mind and enjoy our hotel. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I felt that for the price that we paid for one night in West Orange, NJ, this Marriott was sub-par. I would expect to pay $200/night in a more popular tourist destination - I don't recall W. Orange making any top ten must see tourist destination lists! Before we left the hotel for our evening event, we asked for extra towels (which I had also requested in my on-line reservation). When we returned after midnight, the extra towels were not delivered and we had to call the front desk to request, again, the additional towels. I inquired if breakfast was included, but was informed by the front desk, in a condescending tone that this was a Marriott Courtyard, and there is no free breakfast. Well, Marriott Courtyard, this property needs to be updated - I have several pictures of water damage in the bathroom, litter in the halls and furniture in the lobby in poor condition. If Marriott Courtyard has a reputation of being "above" the other Marriotts, then I am not aware of it after this stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear jsk567,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was less than acceptable. We strive to make every guest's experience a memorable one. I am sorry we missed the mark during your visit. Our rates are very competitive. In most cases, we are the most affordable hotel in the area compared to our competitors. I will look into the maintenance issues you mentioned as well as speak with my department heads regarding the lapses in service. It is our hope that when your travels bring you back to the area you will give us another try.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel is updated, clean and comfortable .. the beds are great! The best feature of this hotel is the front desk staff, they are fabulous! You always get a cheerfully greeting and they are eager to help you with any requests. There are many hotels in the area but I keep coming back to thus one when in town because of the staff.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear BHenning,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.