The Wilshire Grand Hotel(West Orange)
US$151
US$121
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$229
US$214
Residence Inn
The Avenue Hotel(West Orange)
US$79
US$144
Comfort Inn(Fairfield)
US$90
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$70
All reviewsseton hallpanera breadroom was cleannice courtyardsnow stormstarbucks coffeehot tubindoor poolparking lotupon checkoatmealbusiness tripconvenient locationbistrolobbyvaleriedesk
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Probably due to location but the bill was over $200 ($189 room rate plus tax) for a rather unimpressive hotel.

Even though Courtyards don't provide free breakfast (as noted on other Trip advisor reviews) but some do serve complimentary coffee in the morning. Not here.

Dinner was "just okay" at the Bistro. Seemed like way too many staff when all they do is "quick heat" stuff that had been pre-prepared and salads. Breakfast was fast and reasonably priced.

Good location, easy off 80 and easy to get into the Oranges and 78. I will end up coming back due to location but not loving the price value.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear creativecrew,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay with us. As you noted, Courtyards do not offer a free breakfast, but we do have a very nice breakfast offered in our Bistro. Also, Courtyards stopped offering complimentary coffee back in January of 2014. This is the trend with most hotels in our category. We are proud to serve Starbucks in our Bistro. The dinner in our Bistro is a little more than heat and serve as the majority of our items are made to order. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My title says it all, it's how I feel and when it comes to making a decision on where to stay, it's a decision maker for me. It's nice to be able to wake up and eat and go on with your day and not have to think about where to eat. I like the trend in providing an included in the price breakfast. I could have paid for it for an additional price here at Courtyard but then I thought, I'll just go somewhere else and get what I want if I have to pay for it, so I did.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear 333meg,

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback from guests like yourself. While we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, our Bistro does have a number of offerings at reasonable prices plus Starbucks coffee. We do not offer microwaves in our rooms at this time but we do have one for use in our Market in the lobby. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here 5 nights with my hubby and 2 kids under 6. We liked it. The room was spacious and had everything we needed, the location was perfect when I had cabin fever or just needed some entertainment ( amc is a 3 min walk). There were no disturbances or unpleasant episodes. I didn't interact much with the staff but they were just ok. We will come again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Jae B,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

After leaving a "Bates" Hotel the night before, this place was Eden. Hotel staff was friendly, helpful and made us feel very welcome. House keeping was immaculate! Valerie at the front desk deserves a raise. Very convenient location for North Jesery and NYC. Price is high but hey NY/NJ. Strong recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear pmfh012264,

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate it when guests let us know how we are doing. We are glad that you were able to put the previous night out of your mind and enjoy our hotel. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I felt that for the price that we paid for one night in West Orange, NJ, this Marriott was sub-par. I would expect to pay $200/night in a more popular tourist destination - I don't recall W. Orange making any top ten must see tourist destination lists! Before we left the hotel for our evening event, we asked for extra towels (which I had also requested in my on-line reservation). When we returned after midnight, the extra towels were not delivered and we had to call the front desk to request, again, the additional towels. I inquired if breakfast was included, but was informed by the front desk, in a condescending tone that this was a Marriott Courtyard, and there is no free breakfast. Well, Marriott Courtyard, this property needs to be updated - I have several pictures of water damage in the bathroom, litter in the halls and furniture in the lobby in poor condition. If Marriott Courtyard has a reputation of being "above" the other Marriotts, then I am not aware of it after this stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear jsk567,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was less than acceptable. We strive to make every guest's experience a memorable one. I am sorry we missed the mark during your visit. Our rates are very competitive. In most cases, we are the most affordable hotel in the area compared to our competitors. I will look into the maintenance issues you mentioned as well as speak with my department heads regarding the lapses in service. It is our hope that when your travels bring you back to the area you will give us another try.