“Delicious shepherds pie!! ”

Garryowen Irish Pub
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We had to wait on a Wed afternoon... little crowded but the food was worth it! Suggest making reservations if you have a party larger than 4.
Shepherds pie was great! Authentic & yummy! Others got the fish & chips and they looked good as well. Plan a trip to Gettysburg & make sure to stop here!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,944)

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Returning to south central Pennsylvania from a visit in Philadelphia, we were looking through our list of usual places and none seemed to fit the bill. Brad suggested Garryowen and I admit I was skeptical about Irish food, but who can turn down a Guiness draft? Much to my surprise, the food was delicious (whiskey chicken and beef stew) and the service at the bar was too! We will return soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Came in from DC for a dinner with a professional colleague. The place has a certain charm and the cuisine seems better than most local fare. Unfortunately, anything pleasant or promising about this place gets quickly eclipsed by the hostile attitude of the amateur serving behind the bar who acts as if paying clients are intruding on her private conversations. When the waiter brought food to our table but no utensils, she refused to even acknowledge a request, acting as if she were being inconvenienced. The other servers seemed more sincere if not very professionally trained-- but why ever return to a place where the person they choose to put out front is so oafish and unpleasant?

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I got the guiness stew and Shepards pie and it was exquisite! Would definitely recommend this pub, great food, great staff and service! Right in the middle of Gettysburg!

Reviewed 18 December 2016

Ok so its tough to make Irish food amazing, I get it. My wife had a scotch egg and she said average, I had the onion soup I said average. My wife had garlic shrimp pasta it was average and I had the shepards pie and average. Soooo just kind of an average experience for us. Would try another place to eat in town next time.