Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from US$899.00
More Info
5,641 results
All reviews visitor center civil war gift shop great place to start narrated by morgan freeman first stop cyclorama painting book store degree painting starting point short film bus tour pickett's charge history buff battle field three days movie
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a must visit for anyone living in or interested in American History. The foundation does an excellent job providing many perspectives on the Civil War and more specifically the Battle of Gettysburg. We did the audio car tour this time which was yet another perspective.

The highlight of this visit was how accommodating they were with my limited mobility. I did not have to ask, they saw my needs and the walker that I was using and they took it upon themselves to make sure that my seating in the auditorium was adequate and they escorted me to and from the cyclorama with the elevator. I was quite impressed with how in tune the workers and interpreters were with the needs of their guests. Another benefit was that they had benches spread out through the museum which was very helpful.

We did not get to go to Eisenhower this time, but I kept hearing that only the grounds were open. They were not doing tours yet. My one concern for someone who may have limited mobility is the parking. If I didn't have my husband to drop me off I would have had a problem. The parking lot was packed and from our other visits here, always is.

Date of experience: July 2021
Manager_GF, Manager at Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi O8154EZheatherj! Thank you for your review and the kind words! I am very sorry about parking, we are very aware of this issue, but other than the parking it sounds like you had a great visit!

We take great pride in our staff and they do a great job in accommodating the needs of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you can visit again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was fascinating. The history hike was very informative, the cemetery was very interesting, and the museum was phenomenal.

Date of experience: June 2021

Hi Samuel Z! Thank you for the kind words!! The Park Rangers are very good in providing interpretive programs. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the Park's Summer Programs. Thank you and I hope you can come back and visit again soon!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had the value package tour and our licensed guide gave us an interesting tour with a few stops for narrative of the sites and photos along the route of Gettysburg battlefield.

Date of experience: July 2021

Hi JKL V! Thank you for the review! I am glad you enjoyed your tour of the battlefield. The guides are very knowledgeable and go through extensive testing to become a guide.

I hope you can come back soon and hopefully view the Film, Cyclorama and Museum Experience! Thank you!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This museum does an excellent job of explaining what led up to the battle at Gettysburg and why it happened in that location at that time, as well as its impact on North and South, the local region, the civilians, the war, and long-term issues like identification and burial of war dead, notification of kin, national memorials, etc. And, of course, the Gettysburg Address, possibly the greatest statement ever made about American ideals. We visited the museum first, then the battlefield, and it made a huge difference in how we viewed and understood the battlefield itself. Don't miss it!

Date of experience: June 2021

Hi KABGeorgia!! Thank you for your review!! I am glad that enjoyed your time in the Museum! There is so much to see in the 12 galleries. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Gettysburg and I hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is very well done. The film is good the cyclorama is unbelievable and a must see. The museum was really good. Just didn't have enough time to justice to the museum tour. Coupled this visit with a self-drive audio tour.

Date of experience: June 2021

Hi MikecS4089HR, thank you for your review! The Film, Cyclorama and Museum is a really good place to start your visit to Gettysburg. I am glad that you enjoyed the Cyclorama, it is phenomenal!! I hope you can come back and visit again soon and spend more time in the Museum.