“Average Food - Wonderful Service and Ghost Story”

Farnsworth House Tavern
Ranked #21 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2018

The food is average, and I would not rush back to eat there. However, it was a group event so it was a limited menu. The service was great and the Ghost story fun.

Sarah D, Public Relations Manager at Farnsworth House Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for the review. You will have to come back and visit us outside of the group setting so that you can order off the full menu. We would love to have you visit with us again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed 21 May 2018

The wife and I stopped here for lunch the other day. Neither of us had heard of the place before coming up, so this was just our try. Boy were we surprised.

The meatloaf plate was very good, obviously not using all beef int he meatloaf, having some game meat taste with it. This just made it all the more delicious. I had the bangers and mash, and it was really very good in taste.

The gravy used was a basic quick make, but it did not diminish the flavor of the food at all.

The staff was friendly, helpful.

Will likely visit here again on our way back through.

Sarah D, Public Relations Manager at Farnsworth House Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us. I hope that you will come back the next time you are in Gettysburg!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

The tavern definitely has that old-world feel to it. The lights are dimmed but not so much that you can't move around safely. The costumes of the servers are exceptional. We sat at the bar and received perfect service. We ordered the Bangers & Mash (my husband) and the Meatloaf (for me). The food does not disappoint. It's rich in flavor, filling, and needed no salt or pepper for taste. Best of all, they weren't huge portions like you see at most restaurants these days. Who wants to eat half their meal and then have to either throw out the other half, or put it in their car to sit for the rest of the trip?

We'll be eating here again when we return in June '18!

Thank you for the review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in the tavern. I personally love the meatloaf. See you in June!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

It is a great place to eat and good food. It has the movie Gettysburg things in the Tavern. They are period dressed waitress.

Thank you for the review! I hope you will come back and dine with us again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took our mothers out for a unique dinner experience. The staff was friendly and attentive and the food was absolutely delicious. Make reservations in the dining room as it is limited seating. Will definitely go back.

Sarah D, Guest Relations Manager at Farnsworth House Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for the review. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Please come back and see us again soon!